Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 30, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #5,401 of 12,590
Midrange? What's a midrange? Haha. I'm sure it'll have some good midrange too. But it apparently has a V signature to it. It's crazy to spend so much money on a product that I have never heard before or has no return policy.

Mar 30, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #5,403 of 12,590
Glad I'm not the only one I was thinking it's probably a high-end audiophile tool that I've never seen before :D

ok so wrap first but start at the iem end leaving 3 finger lengths.  then put the plug in the cup, then put the iems on the space above the cup?  I will try this thank you

I will draw it when I get home as i sold my kickers or id take photos.

If the guy who bought em sees this he knows, it's how I mailed em!

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #5,406 of 12,590
Fiio X3-Mojo-Sony Xb90ex wonderful combo. If only the hardware controls still worked, if I could up the bass I'd be in heaven... Minus that cursed UI. Stacks well together though.
It needs to be heavily EQed. Dap with Mojo basically MID Bass, makes me want to fully open my 2.5.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #5,407 of 12,590
I haven't even tried my G2s yet... Tomorrow will be a fun work day. Coax cable coming from Moon, I can finally use my X7 with the Mojo. Can't wait to hear the Sony Xb90ex and my Fostex Th900. I'll try to work tomorrow... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regardless, I know my clients will be blowing me up all day, won't be able to listen too much.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #5,408 of 12,590
Cowon + Arrow / X3 + Mojo

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #5,409 of 12,590
Good to see some people usually seen on high end forums also joining this thread. Sometimes when you have reached the pinnacle (whatever that is at that time), it is more satisfying to listen to some bassy cans or IEMs and forget about the front end etc. I had a "stack" in the past with iPhone-CLAS-iBasso DB2-SR71B-UE18 Pro. Now I just use iPhone and Layla on the go, with Layla's bass knob turned to max. I also sold my BHSE and am selling my SR009. The only cans I have now are the HE1000 and the T5p (for gaming purpose).

These are of course all part of the plan to try to get my hands on the Sennheiser HE-1, but I don't feel like missing out so far. Although possibly the most transparent rig in the world (before HE-1 appeared), I did not really listen much to my BHSE-009 combo in the past few years - not because it is not good, but I enjoy the freedom of moving around in the house with IEMs, and when I sit down, I prefer listening to my speakers system.  

In search for the flat frequency response curve, most people, sadly including most high end headphone /IEM manufacturers, have ignored the fact that human response weakens as the frequency goes lower. Human's "internal frequency curve" on the perception end should be taken into account to make truly good headphones. That's why a flat line won't cut it. I say bassy cans / IEMs FTW. What about you?

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #5,410 of 12,590
Good to see some people usually seen on high end forums also joining this thread. Sometimes when you have reached the pinnacle (whatever that is at that time), it is more satisfying to listen to some bassy cans or IEMs and forget about the front end etc. I had a "stack" in the past with iPhone-CLAS-iBasso DB2-SR71B-UE18 Pro. Now I just use iPhone and Layla on the go, with Layla's bass knob turned to max. I also sold my BHSE and am selling my SR009. The only cans I have now are the HE1000 and the T5p (for gaming purpose).

These are of course all part of the plan to try to get my hands on the Sennheiser HE-1, but I don't feel like missing out so far. Although possibly the most transparent rig in the world, I did not really listen much to my BHSE-009 combo in the past few years - not because it is not good, but I enjoy the freedom of moving around in the house with IEMs, and when I sit down, I prefer listening to my speakers system.
Not bass heavy.

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #5,412 of 12,590

Got the full original version (most export came with ex600 cable) ex1000 domestic Japan ver. has a 2 LITZ cables stock.
These sound amazing.

Review coming

Dynamic drivers

Nice! Jealous of that cable
biggrin.gif
gotta be better than my flimsy flimmy flam US version... maybe accounts for the extra cost too.
Looks like maybe the japanese export replacement cables on ebay are the same one, I should probably jump on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back