Head-Fi 2008 Christmas Gift Exchange Whadjaget? Thread
Dec 8, 2008 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Dzjudz

Headphoneus Supremus
Right, I was thinking we need a separate thread for listing the gifts received, just like last year's thread by Old Pa.

In short, list here what you got for the 2008 Christmas CD/Gift Exchange! And of course you can share your impressions of the all new musical experiences you received from your generous partner.

Let me start it off!

This year was my second Head-Fi Christmas Gift Exchange. I was paired up with krmathis. We agreed to send each other one CD and shared our favourite genres so the other had an idea of the other's musical tastes.

Today I received my gift, and of course I couldn't wait until Christmas to open it! Inside was: Christel Alsos - Closing The Distance and a personal note listing this as one of krmathis' favourite pop albums. I had never heard of this Norwegian artist, but in general I love English language albums by female Scandinavian singers. This album is a very laidback album, almost jazzy. I like it very much, thanks krmathis!

So, whadjaget??

Dec 8, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 26
^ Nice to hear that it arrived safely, and that you enjoy the album.
biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see and hear what you have sent my way. I probably can't wait for Christmas either. hi hi

Edit: And two days later the CD arrived.
"Oracular Spectacular" by MGMT. Totally unknown band and album to be. Just listened through it twice, and its certainly a nice album. Need to spend more to for it to grow on me though.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 26
I received Beck - Sea Change and Taylor Swift - Fearless. I have wanted Sea Change for a while now. I have never heard of Taylor Swift, so I will be putting her on the stereo right now. Thanks HeadphoneAddict! Merry Christmas.

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 26
Sea Change is phenomenal album, Juniper. My favorite track is Paper Tiger. It is everything Beck does better than anyone else.

Dec 12, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something which is wrapped in shiny gold.

Mine was wrapped in the same shiny foil, i just couldn't resist opening it when i got it.

It was a .........

Don't want to spoil the surprise
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received Beck - Sea Change and Taylor Swift - Fearless. I have wanted Sea Change for a while now. I have never heard of Taylor Swift, so I will be putting her on the stereo right now. Thanks HeadphoneAddict! Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the Coldplay "Viva la Vida..." and Duffy "Rockferry". I like them both (better than plain white T's). That Duffy you saw on my list was a low bitrate so the CD is much appreciated!

I picked Beck for your liking those angst ridden male singers, and Taylor Swift's new album as a female singer due to your liking of Shelby Lynn, Dusty Springfield (and Johnny Cash for a little twang). I almost went with some Van Morrison
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #12 of 26
I received a CD and a LP from Keithpgdrb.

Waxwings - Low to the Ground
Explorer Club - Freedom Wind

I had not heard of either band and am enjoying the sound of each greatly. I got him a pair of new in earphones from Soundmagic!!

Dec 17, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #13 of 26
I just sent The Actual a couple of CDs... but since it was a bit difficult for me to pin down his musical tastes, I hope I didn't screw up!
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received a CD and a LP from Keithpgdrb.

Waxwings - Low to the Ground
Explorer Club - Freedom Wind

I had not heard of either band and am enjoying the sound of each greatly. I got him a pair of new in earphones from Soundmagic!!

There should have been one more item. please let me know if you do not get a third item by christmas.

Dec 24, 2008 at 7:10 AM Post #15 of 26
I got a Rush "All the World's a Stage" CD and a Club d'Elf "Perhapsody-Live" CD from Aimless1. Love both of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back