Head Direct RE0 vs Senn IE6
Jan 26, 2011 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

clickhere

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for opinions from people that have tried BOTH the Head Direct RE0 and the IE6's.

I've read reviews on both products but did not find anyone that contrasted the two.

If you have tried both, which one has over all best sound clarity and quality?  (or if they are two different to compare over all explain)

Jan 26, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 17
depends on what you are looking for really... IE6 are quite bass heavy compared to the RE0. RE0 are just fantastic at audio reproduction. That is the best way I can explain it. RE0 gives you best bang for your buck.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 17
JH16 for a bassier sig, JH13 for a more neutral sig, Westone es5 is also a top contender for the "price is no object" category, oh and the unique melody miracle

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
I'm looking for opinions from people that have tried BOTH the Head Direct RE0 and the IE6's.

I've read reviews on both products but did not find anyone that contrasted the two.

If you have tried both, which one has over all best sound clarity and quality?  (or if they are two different to compare over all explain)

haven't heard the re0 but i have the ie6 and im not impressed with it at all. it doesn't sound clear enough for my taste and it has too much bass.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
Then you wouldn't be looking at these two, you would be looking at the UM3X, SM3, customs, etc.

A vote in favor of the RE0 if you're not a basshead.

You don't understand.  I'm not worried about the cost difference between the RE0 and the IE6...

Which means, don't tell me "Get the RE0." simply because they are cheaper (albiet not as good)  or what ever the case may be.

All I want is a comparison between the two, which is best.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:

Quote:
Then you wouldn't be looking at these two, you would be looking at the UM3X, SM3, customs, etc.

You don't understand.  I'm not worried about the cost difference between the RE0 and the IE6...

Which means, don't tell me "Get the RE0." simply because they are cheaper (albiet not as good)  or what ever the case may be.

he never mentioned anything about the price difference. he just mentioned that if price doesn't matter, might as well go with the un3x or the sm5 which are better choices. if bass isn't really an issue then overall the RE0 is better than the ie6. i have the ie6 myself and i prefer my the sound of my $14 koss ksc75s. i think the ie6 sounds horrible.

Jan 26, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #11 of 17
Jan 26, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #12 of 17

Quote:

Not to sound like a douche, but you did not make yourself clear. If you take a look around, you see people comparing the RE0 with IEMs that triple its cost sound-wise albeit with a few caveats, namely, the analytic presentation, and a rather lean presence of bass, otherwise they are QUITE detailed. Sennheiser's IEMs are known for their dark signature, decent soundstage and strong bass (read: veiled highs), and the IE6 isn't known for being very detailed at all. With this in mind, you should make a pick considering the quite different sound signatures, it all boils down to what you'd rather listen to. And yes, I do not belong in the 'listened to both' category, I have only listened to the RE-ZERO and few other IEMS (nothing from the IE series), for what is worth I can tell you that they were quite splendid and surpass the others along with my similarly priced full-sized cans in detail, timbre and separation.

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #13 of 17
I think you should go for the RE0's as well. I have the REZEROs and they sound pretty good overall. But one thing with the RE0 is that i hear people saying one of the channels stops working. My friend bought one, and one of his channels stopped working the day he got it.(Forgot which channel) But sound wise think they are the right choice to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back