Head-Direct RE-0?
Nov 8, 2008 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Shauntell47

100+ Head-Fier
hi, i was looking at your website and i came across these Head-Direct RE-0s earphones...
i was wondering if you could give us any more info about these... thx

Nov 9, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #3 of 23
Hey cool.

Nov 10, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #6 of 23
Could you at least post some basic details like type of driver, impedance/sensitivity, etc...?

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/ch...t-meet-379275/

i did not read much about re0 though
frown.gif
(sorry you asked to ask)
But was the last post the casing for the re0s?
Anyway in chinese traditions, what monster will be grander than the dragon?
it makes me wonder what monster will be on the cover of the package anyway.

Nov 10, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #8 of 23
Probably a more vicious dragon since the RE1 & 2 both have dragons on the case.

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #9 of 23
re-2 was a phoenix though
tongue.gif

Nov 11, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #10 of 23
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/ch...ml#post4974349

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, this was a great meet. Only my second, but I cant see how a meet could get a lot better. tons of great gear, and just some of the nicest people you could meet. One regret.. this is the second time I've missed getting to hear the K1000!! Next meet, thats my first priority!!
There is so much gear to comment about, that it is pretty overwhelming. I may write more later, but I'll just drop some notes on the RE0 into the mix.
I have head-directs RE2's. they are great IEMs, but the one thing they lack above all else is low end. They have a beautiful sparkling high end, but the bass, and mid bass are just too weak for me. and I dont think I'm really a bass head, I just require a full sound, which these dont have.
I am pretty much against portable headphone amps, simply because I dont want to carry that crap around. But, I found some reviews on the Fiio E3 that claimed good synergy with the RE2s. For those of you who dont know what the FiioE3 is: it is basically a SMALL battery powered HP am that adds bass boost and increased soundstage. all for about $8.50. it is also said to take away a bit of the high end, but since the RE2 has so much of it, I figured I would give it a shot. To make a long intro shorter, the Fiio helped, but not enough for me.

So... I tried the RE0... these are fantastic. The bass is really nice, and the soundstage is also increased, as a previous person posted. Having been used to the RE2, these things were perfect in comparison. the bass was full, punchy, but not bloated or overpowering. The high end sparkle was still there, and it seemed that the midrange was more balanced as well. fuller I would say. I ended up going back to check these out about 3-4 different times, which tells me I clearly want to hear more. If I can scrape up some money, I would like to buy a pair. Maybe I'll drop Fang an email.
I believe that head-direct has started selling the FiioE3, or at least including it with some purchases. I did not try the E3 with the RE0. I probably should have, but I really did not feel the need. I also did not want to take away any high end, as the E3 does do somewhat.
Lastly, It would be wrong for me to comment on any of the RE line without saying that the performance experience of these IEMs is wholly dependent on using the right silicone tips, and getting a good seal. when I got my RE2s, I tried them with the recommended bi-flanges, and HATED them. they sounded like a Bad transistor radio, in a tin can. I just wasnt getting a proper seal. the tips that worked for me were the ones everyone said to avoid. go figure. anyway, just wanted to throw that in.
Thats all for now.. oh yeah, the JADE kicked some serious ***** as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f45/ch...ml#post4970917

Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried the RE0's. I've never heard any of the other RE series to compare with though.

I'll just say that they have a slightly warm to neutral sound sig. Decent bass, and the treble didn't scream for attention (unlike my er4s). I think their strong point was their lovely midrange. Nice and full bodied. Not thin at all.

I'm thinking about getting them as they compliment my er4s very nicely

Nov 14, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #11 of 23
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/g...7/#post4986617

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should seriously look at the Head-Direct RE0 (zero). its fairly new, but I just got a chance to hear it at a meet this past weekend. I have the RE2's. and the RE0 does everything they can do, but better. I find the RE2s very grado like. the high end sparkles like you wouldnt believe. the bass is a bit light, but its that way on grados as well. the RE0 will go for about $200 bills. but I would email them for an actual price. the RE2 is about $100 bills. I'll be selling mine to fund the RE0 within the week. if your interested, keep an eye out for my post. I'm only selling them on Head-fi.

Nov 19, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #14 of 23
X2. Definitely would go for the RE0 if the E5 would come as a free gift!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back