Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
May 24, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #526 of 856
Quote:
I recently purchased a lightly used HE-400 from a fellow forum member, and one of the drivers is completely dead. Can I ship these headphones to HiFiMAN/Head-Direct to get them replaced?

I do believe that this isn't Hifiman's problem. I'd get a refund or something from the seller, he shouldn't be selling you things that don't even freaking work. 
Edit: Did you try switching the the cable to see if the issue is actually coming from the headphones themselves?

May 24, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #527 of 856
Quote:
sorry to hear that dude.  the people here are pretty cool.  I doubt you'll have a problem..  have you confirmed that its the driver?  could be the cable.  especially if its the silver one.  they had some weak strain reliefs.  

I just got a PM back from the seller and he does not want to take the headphones back :/

I'm not positive it's the driver, but I have tried switching the cable and that didn't help. The cable I have is just the stock one.

May 24, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #528 of 856
Quote:
I do believe that this isn't Hifiman's problem. I'd get a refund or something from the seller, he shouldn't be selling you things that don't even freaking work. 
Edit: Did you try switching the the cable to see if the issue is actually coming from the headphones themselves?

Unfortunately like I just said the seller is not willing to take the headphones back. I believe him that the headphones were working when he shipped them to me, so I guess they got messed up during shipping or something.

I originally had the bad driver hooked up to the L channel, and couldn't hear anything out of the left. Then, I connected the R channel cable to the bad driver, and couldn't hear anything out of the right. To me, this is pretty definitive proof that the driver is the issue...

May 24, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #529 of 856
Unfortunately like I just said the seller is not willing to take the headphones back. I believe him that the headphones were working when he shipped them to me, so I guess they got messed up during shipping or something.

I originally had the bad driver hooked up to the L channel, and couldn't hear anything out of the left. Then, I connected the R channel cable to the bad driver, and couldn't hear anything out of the right. To me, this is pretty definitive proof that the driver is the issue...

Just open a paypal dispute and you should get your money back from the seller. It sound a bit shady to me.

May 24, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #530 of 856
Do you have the sellers address?
I have ways of getting refunds from bad sellers!

May 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #531 of 856
Quote:
Do you have the sellers address?
I have ways of getting refunds from bad sellers!

I do have the seller's address, but unfortunately I'm past the 45 day range for a PayPal dispute. I was on a long trip abroad when I bought the headphones, they were shipped to me house and sat in the box for ~2 months since my trip was extended. I just listened to them for the first time this Wednesday.

The seller is being helpful, so I will continue to seek help from HiFiMAN/Head-Direct. So far I have called HiFiMAN/Head-Direct about 10 times over the past two days AND sent them an email and have not received a response yet...

May 24, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #532 of 856
Quote:
The seller is being helpful, so I will continue to seek help from HiFiMAN/Head-Direct. So far I have called HiFiMAN/Head-Direct about 10 times over the past two days AND sent them an email and have not received a response yet...

Hi, please ask for the original payment receipt of the HE-400 from the original owner. If it originally was purchased from us or our dealer within one year, it will be covered under warranty. Please send the payment receipt to customerservice@head-direct.com then.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #533 of 856
Quote:
Hi, please ask for the original payment receipt of the HE-400 from the original owner. If it originally was purchased from us or our dealer within one year, it will be covered under warranty. Please send the payment receipt to customerservice@head-direct.com then.

Hi Eric, thanks for the reply.

I have the original payment receipt from the original owner. I actually just received a call from a HiFiMAN customer service rep who provided me the return instructions for the headphones. The headphones were originally purchased on Nov. 10, 2012 so they are under warranty. I will be returning the headphones soon.

Do you happen to know if warranty replacements are new or refurbished units?

May 24, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #534 of 856
Quote:

Hi Eric, thanks for the reply.

I have the original payment receipt from the original owner. I actually just received a call from a HiFiMAN customer service rep who provided me the return instructions for the headphones. The headphones were originally purchased on Nov. 10, 2012 so they are under warranty. I will be returning the headphones soon.

Do you happen to know if warranty replacements are new or refurbished units?

Wonder what response they will come up with 
size]

May 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #536 of 856
Quote:
I'll let you know. Should be fairly easy to tell if its new or a refurb. I already sent the headphones off, should get my replacement within 2 weeks I think.

Depends...  I don't want to elaborate until you actually receive them XD

I hope you receive the best, you deserve it after the wait.

May 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #537 of 856
Depends...  I don't want to elaborate until you actually receive them XD

I hope you receive the best, you deserve it after the wait.

Uh oh... Now you're worrying me. Is it the replacent turnaround time or the quality of the replacement you are referring to?

May 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #538 of 856
Quote:
Uh oh... Now you're worrying me. Is it the replacent turnaround time or the quality of the replacement you are referring to?

Well actually I was going to ask if it came in a retail box or not, which would likely determine whether or not you got a new unit :D

I haven't gotten anything under the estimated turnaround time.  Right now as I'm typing my estimated date for my faulty Asus UX31A has been removed by their staff.  I was told my device turnaround would be expedited, 3-5 days.  It has been over a week....

YMMV of course, my device was not exactly cheap lol.

I'm sure you'll be treated better though, hifiman did not become a solid brand by treating their high end consumers poorly.

May 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #539 of 856
Quote:
Well actually I was going to ask if it came in a retail box or not, which would likely determine whether or not you got a new unit :D

I haven't gotten anything under the estimated turnaround time.  Right now as I'm typing my estimated date for my faulty Asus UX31A has been removed by their staff.  I was told my device turnaround would be expedited, 3-5 days.  It has been over a week....

YMMV of course, my device was not exactly cheap lol.

I'm sure you'll be treated better though, hifiman did not become a solid brand by treating their high end consumers poorly.

Is your UX31A plagued by the Sandisk U100 SSD? lol 
I've had my UX31E for a year now and it has come to the point where its impossible to do my work cuz of that darn SSD

But yes, I am confident in hifiman, more so than Asus :)

May 26, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #540 of 856
Quote:
Is your UX31A plagued by the Sandisk U100 SSD? lol 
I've had my UX31E for a year now and it has come to the point where its impossible to do my work cuz of that darn SSD

But yes, I am confident in hifiman, more so than Asus :)

No, the keyboard backlighting is not plugged in, cooling issues, display has bleeding, and the system does not lay flat LOL!

That is ASUS quality at its finest, I've received worse from them......

I hope I don't catch the SSD plague (Sandisk as well) after the 3+ week RMA process D:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

That feel when you get a shiny toy and to your dismay is not functioning properly.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back