Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
Feb 18, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #766 of 856
  Hi there,

This isn't a direct issue with any product in particular. I was shipping a pair of my RE-600's back to China. They were part of an upgrade to a pair of HE-4 headphones, with me paying the difference (USD 450 -199). The package was returned by China customs and their form stated "received damaged/wet due to insufficient packing".

The IEMs along with a few tips and the cable winder were taken by the good folks at China customs and the box was returned. Here are some pictures, the box was clearly opened so the leather case could be pulled out, no wet patches on the outer box or damages to the case otherwise. Its the same packaging I received it in

Do you think there's anything that can be done? I know its quite hopeless to get anything done with customs across Asia, I've experienced it before but with cheaper items. The tracking number is RC634223944SG if it helps.

I take it that I just have to write these off as a distasteful incident. Can I go ahead and contact your customer service and pay the 199 that the RE-600s are worth and have them ship the HE4s out?

iNSf09D.jpg

03VkapG.jpg

please pm me your name, email address and shipping information. i will check it with our customer service. It is Chinese spring festival right now, so the process will delay a week.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 3, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #767 of 856
Hi Team Hifiman,

I just bought a he400i from one of your Asia authorized dealer. I paid on the 5th or 6th, but because they don't stock the items locally, they only ship it by-order, i waited 23 days, and I just got mine two days ago, march 1st.

I have an issue with this. The clamp force on my he-400i is REALLY strong. Is this amount of clamp force safe?

The he400i that i got, The earcups pushed my head so hard, it literally chokes my neck artery area, so to speak. (You know that part right under your ear and exactly right behind your jaw area).

I also got physically sick from the very strong clamp force. I have a nausea just wearing the he400i for 5 minutes from the sensation of being choked behind my jaw by the earcups.
On top of that, I also got headaches from the strong clamp force that is pushing both my head together. Honestly, strong clamp force is a big understatement. This is beyond strong.
At this level of clamp force, the headphone is literally cannot be worn comfortably past 10 minutes, for me.

Now as you know, some countries in Asia doesn't have buyer protection or return policy. Where i live, The Law does not bound business to accept return items. So normally i can't return any items i've bought. Even though I bought it from your Country's Authorized Dealer by the way, that's just standard practice here.

I like the sound from my he-400i, but i can't wear a headphone like this.
My first question is, is this much clamp force normal production variation?
What is your take on my he-400i unit?

- - - - - - -
here's a picture of my he-400i compared with your website promotional picture.
Does my he-400i looks normal from the picture?
On mine, the metal suspension is not arch, mine is almost horizontal. Also, the 90 degrees angle is a little bent inwards?
Is that why it clamps really hard?

Hifiman promotional picture

My he400i headband

Mar 4, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #769 of 856
  Hello buddy,
Are you easy to back to the dealer which you get your HE-400i from. Please bring your headphone to there, and try another pair of HE-400i. I have never heard this kind of issue. Almost all customer feel comfortable of HE-400i.

Thanks
Team Hifiman

Maybe this is news to you, but quite a few HE-560 owners, including me, felt the need to stretch the headband due to excessive clamping force out of the box.  Given the HE-400i uses the same design, it's hardly surprising that someone had the same problem with them.  I'm not saying many owners don't find them comfortable - I'm sure they do - but when I first put on my HE-560s I couldn't wear them more than 10 minutes, and that was pushing my limits of endurance.  FWIW, after adjusting the clamping force, they're the most comfortable cans I own.

So, @rovopio's experience is hardly an isolated incident.

Also, you might want to re-read his original post.  From the first sentence:

"I just bought a he400i from one of your Asia authorized dealer. I paid on the 5th or 6th, but because they don't stock the items locally, they only ship it by-order, i waited 23 days, and I just got mine two days ago, march 1st."

It seems unlikely he'd be able to go back to the shop to try another pair.

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #770 of 856
  Hello buddy,
Are you easy to back to the dealer which you get your HE-400i from. Please bring your headphone to there, and try another pair of HE-400i. I have never heard this kind of issue. Almost all customer feel comfortable of HE-400i.

Thanks
Team Hifiman

Team Hifiman,

It's impossible to go back to the Country's Single Authorized Dealer to exchange the unit.

Did you read my original post?
Apologies in advance for emphasizing some words in this post, I will repeat what i've said.

Some countries in Asia doesn't have buyer protection or return policy. Where i live, The Law does not bound business to accept return items. Even if the store have another pair of he-400i, i can not try them or exchange them because there is no return policy or buyer protection in the country. Every single store in the country have statements on their invoice that said "Every items that has already been paid, can not be returned or exchanged, regardless of any conditions, or any possible reasons".
I'm not going to go to the store, by myself, and ask them to try another pair because, this is not Europe or North America, where I have rights as customer. If i go there, i'm just going to waste my time because the store, any store in the country, will flat out say i can't exchange items.

Secondly, I have no reason to go back there because they have no extra stock. I said the local authorized dealer only ship hifiman headphones by-order after receiving payments. I paid on February 6th, and only received the headphone after I waited 23 days, on March 1st. I think they said they order it directly from Hifiman China, though i'm not entirely sure.

Now if Hifiman Principal notify the store before I go there, essentially ordering them they have to exchange my unit, and, also at the same time you give me an official form from Hifiman Principle, for example, a Return Material Authorization form, or any form really, where the form content is telling the Authorized Dealer to exchange my unit, then maybe, maybe, the dealer will accept exchange of the product.
I am not going back to the store empty-handed just with my words. That's a waste of energy where i live. The store 99% will not accept any attempts of returns or exchange, and most likely it will goes nowhere..

Also, I have no problem shipping my unit to China directly, if that simplify matters. But I would like to ask Hifiman to cover the shipping cost from my place to China.
I just waited 23 days for this he-400i item and paid $600 for it. And later, when and if Hifiman decide ship me an Exchange Unit from China, i will have to then pay 40% in import tax for that item.
Soi I apologize, I'm not willing to pay $70 in shipping cost from my place to China, given how long i waited, and how much I just paid, and are going to pay in import tax, later.

By the way, the clamp force is really excessive. The-he400i at <400 grams is not heavy. The clamp force though, is beyond what my head can handle. I get headache and worse, it gives me nausea sometime.

Mar 10, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #771 of 856
I have had a few HP's (including HE-6) where I found the clamping force to be tight. I just kept the head band stretched for a few days & the fit became comfortable. Have you tried that ?

Apr 9, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #772 of 856
My 901 is back for repair/exchange, whilst it breaking in the first place is not ideal, I must say the service and communication from Alvin is superb, give him a pay rise !

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #773 of 856
I have tried and failed to contact your company through your various email address's/international telephone numbers and have received no response. This is regarding an order that has not been shipped or acknowledged please could you advise me on what to do next 

These are the emails i have used 
shipping@head-direct.com
head.direct.3@gmail.com
customerservice@head-direct.com
Tell 0012014434626

Customer service Tel: 1-201-443-4626
CustomerService@hifiman.com

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #774 of 856
  I have tried and failed to contact your company through your various email address's/international telephone numbers and have received no response. This is regarding an order that has not been shipped or acknowledged please could you advise me on what to do next 

These are the emails i have used 
shipping@head-direct.com
head.direct.3@gmail.com
customerservice@head-direct.com
Tell 0012014434626

Customer service Tel: 1-201-443-4626
CustomerService@hifiman.com

Did you also try contacting @TeamHiFiMAN ?.....

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #775 of 856
Thanks for the reply but i am not sure how to contact @Teamhifi as i have only just signed up to Head-fi moments ago. Is there a way to contact them other then whats on there websites? Any other email address's or contact methods would be much appreciated thanks.

Apr 17, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #776 of 856
  Thanks for the reply but i am not sure how to contact @Teamhifi as i have only just signed up to Head-fi moments ago. Is there a way to contact them other then whats on there websites? Any other email address's or contact methods would be much appreciated thanks.

Sure NP.....thought you are long time lurker here tho registered today......no worries you don't have to do anything now and you shd get a response soon as the quote had been already in loop with respective contact.....

Apr 24, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #777 of 856
@TeamHiFiMAN 
Hats off to Alvin, I got my 901 replacement today, brilliant service,
the type of service that buys loyalty.

It makes all the difference knowing that if something goes wrong 
it's not going to be painful to get it sorted.

Apr 28, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #778 of 856
Oh HIFIMAN how you test my honesty !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back