Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM
May 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #541 of 856
Quote:
No, the keyboard backlighting is not plugged in, cooling issues, display has bleeding, and the system does not lay flat LOL!

That is ASUS quality at its finest, I've received worse from them......

I hope I don't catch the SSD plague (Sandisk as well) after the 3+ week RMA process D:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

That feel when you get a shiny toy and to your dismay is not functioning properly.  

Talking about ASUS... My last LCD I bought from them started to melt after some time... Or more precisely there was a puddle over 1/3 pf the screen where the colors had a slightl different tonality :)
Not that the display wasnt great when it worked... for the first few months

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #544 of 856
Suggestion for the design of new headphones from hifiman.  the mini coaxial connectors stick straight down..  it makes it hard to find a headphone stand tall enough for them, since most are short and the coax connector rest on the table or touch it..  you guys could make the coax connectors stick out diagonally forward like audeze do.  Only a suggestion.  Here's what I'm using right now.. the wooden omega is actually slightly too short.. I'm using the glass head behind it that I purchased at Pier 1 Imports

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #545 of 856
Suggestion for the design of new headphones from hifiman.  the mini coaxial connectors stick straight down..  it makes it hard to find a headphone stand tall enough for them, since most are short and the coax connector rest on the table or touch it..  you guys could make the coax connectors stick out diagonally forward like audeze do.  Only a suggestion.  Here's what I'm using right now.. the wooden omega is actually slightly too short.. I'm using the glass head behind it that I purchased at Pier 1 Imports

Or even better, to use the XLR conectors or screw in jacks or anything but the SMAs :D

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #546 of 856
Quote:
Or even better, to use the XLR conectors or screw in jacks or anything but the SMAs
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the suggestion. We're always looking at ways to make products better.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #549 of 856
Quote:
the wait for RE-600 is killing me here - is there still no release date? should be very soon right? been checking Head-Direct almost daily. 
redface.gif

Should be any day now, according to Fang himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01bTVrnMMhg

"It'll be available in 3 or 4 weeks", the video was from mid-May. So now~mid June should be when its out.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #552 of 856
Hi,

I was told to try to seek your help here regarding my HE-500s coming apart. I contacted HIFIMAN Customer Service via the website and was told that I had to pay $110 dollars to have my headphones repaired/replaced. I was told if it was repaired I'd be looking at 3+ weeks to get them back. If I chose to have them replaced it would take 2 weeks.

Basically the plastic piece that has the screws from the headband going into them  came off. The inside of the plastic holes are stripped and trying to push the screws back into the holes is useless. The drivers are 100% fine and work well. They weren't damaged in any way. The outside wasn't damaged in anyway. ..the cup is just dislodged from the headband. I'll attach pictures below, but basically because the screws headphone came apart/the plastic bit is stripped I have to pay $110 dollars to have it repaired/replaced. That's a bit absurd IMO. My headphones are no longer under warranty according to the CS agent I spoke with through email. It's just upsetting that when these headphones were purchased they cost $1000 USD. They may be $700 USD now but I would have hoped better quality parts would have been used on a headphone of this price range/supposed caliber. Anyway, looking to see if you can do anything for me or if I have to pay $110 for this silly problem.

Jun 20, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #553 of 856
Quote:
Hi,

I was told to try to seek your help here regarding my HE-500s coming apart. I contacted HIFIMAN Customer Service via the website and was told that I had to pay $110 dollars to have my headphones repaired/replaced. I was told if it was repaired I'd be looking at 3+ weeks to get them back. If I chose to have them replaced it would take 2 weeks.

Basically the plastic piece that has the screws from the headband going into them  came off. The inside of the plastic holes are stripped and trying to push the screws back into the holes is useless. The drivers are 100% fine and work well. They weren't damaged in any way. The outside wasn't damaged in anyway. ..the cup is just dislodged from the headband. I'll attach pictures below, but basically because the screws headphone came apart/the plastic bit is stripped I have to pay $110 dollars to have it repaired/replaced. That's a bit absurd IMO. My headphones are no longer under warranty according to the CS agent I spoke with through email. It's just upsetting that when these headphones were purchased they cost $1000 USD. They may be $700 USD now but I would have hoped better quality parts would have been used on a headphone of this price range/supposed caliber. Anyway, looking to see if you can do anything for me or if I have to pay $110 for this silly problem.

Does the metal contacts fit into the circle face using minimal force?  If so I'd probably apply gorilla glue to the metal contacts and a pea sized drop in the center of the base. Before doing so make sure to have the headband slider covered using tape, because if you use too much glue in the center you might have it spread too far out. Have it clamped using your hands firmly as a clamp would probably distort the padding a bit.

If done with a bit of care and patience, the glue will expand to fit the contact and center piece nicely.

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #554 of 856
Quote:

Does the metal contacts fit into the circle face using minimal force?  If so I'd probably apply gorilla glue to the metal contacts and a pea sized drop in the center of the base. Before doing so make sure to have the headband slider covered using tape, because if you use too much glue in the center you might have it spread too far out. Have it clamped using your hands firmly as a clamp would probably distort the padding a bit.

If done with a bit of care and patience, the glue will expand to fit the contact and center piece nicely.

I thought about trying that, but the thought of ruining 700-1000 USD headphones with glue makes me queasy.

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #555 of 856
Quote:
I was told to try to seek your help here regarding my HE-500s coming apart. I contacted HIFIMAN Customer Service via the website and was told that I had to pay $110 dollars to have my headphones repaired/replaced.

Hi, we charge $110 because your headphone is out of warranty. Please refer to the PM I sent you. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back