HE90 vs. HE60 vs. Lambda Pro
Mar 16, 2006 at 2:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

gaijin

Banned
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Posts
494
Likes
10
Compraison of the HE90/HEV90 with the HE60/Stax SRM-007t and Lambda Pro/SRM-007t

- HE90 : very detailed, wide soundstage... so good you don't feel like you are wearing headphones

- HE60 : good soundstage, a little less detail and dynamics, but a fun sound with a very tight bass - very enjoyable perhaps more than the HE90...

- Lamda Pro : not bad, but not as refined as the HE60 - sound is blurred and flat in comparison

In conclusion : the HE60 offers an excellent cost/performance ratio when paired with a good amp. The HE90 is the ultimate headphone for critical listening.
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #2 of 18

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Posts
7,055
Likes
261
Wow. This is the shortest review I have ever read - especially considering the subjects. Looks like a lawyer wrote it.
tongue.gif
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 18

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Posts
5,014
Likes
11
I thought the he90 had deeper bass than the he60. But the he60 is the more fun out of the two and the he90 the more refined.

But I do think the one area where the he90 is special is upper level dynamics.

It is crisp, there is snap.
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 18

Meyvn

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Posts
1,992
Likes
12
It's pretty sick when you actually say 'not bad' about something as unbelievably nice and expensive as a set of Lambda Pros. What would you say about the MDR-R10, or the SR-325i, if Lamba Pros are 'not bad'? :p
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 18

gaijin

Banned
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Posts
494
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
It's pretty sick when you actually say 'not bad' about something as unbelievably nice and expensive as a set of Lambda Pros. What would you say about the MDR-R10, or the SR-325i, if Lamba Pros are 'not bad'? :p


Yeah, the HE90s are that good it's sick !
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 18

uzziah

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Posts
4,049
Likes
13
nice; i like the short review. i think people feel pressured around here to make detailed observations about soundstage, highs, lows, mids, all that; and i'd wager they fill in the blanks a lot to try and make the review sound good.

ANALYSIS PARALYSIS...........anyone hear (pun) what i'm saying?
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #9 of 18

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Posts
5,014
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by gaijin
What amp did you use with the HE60 ?


Oh please don't misunderstand I am sure you are right. I just thought the he90's had deeper bass and lesser impact than the he60's. I am not experienced enough, so I am probably wrong.
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #10 of 18

gaijin

Banned
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Posts
494
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Oh please don't misunderstand I am sure you are right. I just thought the he90's had deeper bass and lesser impact than the he60's. I am not experienced enough, so I am probably wrong.


As we agree that the HE90 is more refined, this must apply to the bass also... I guess the sound signature leans more towards the bass on the HE60 than the HE90.
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #11 of 18

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Posts
5,014
Likes
11
Gaijin>I think the refinement comes from the midrange. But depending on what you use as a reference can to judge all other headphones by then it is relative.

The he90 is fast but not as fast as the Qualia's, sa5k's, he60's. The reason I came to this nooby conclusion is because the decay rate is faster on these phones. The he90 decay rate to me at least is a fraction slower.

I use the Grado Hp-2's as a reference phone. Not because it is organic or warm. But because of it's technical ability. You might use your he90's or a different phone to determine a headphone.

The he60's are close to the hp-2 bass decay rates some might say on par.But the he60 does have tighter bass than the he90's but the he90's goes lower. It's more of a preference thing. Personally I would like a little more tightness in the bass of the he90's to near the hp-2 or he60 levels.

The he60's have the attack and decay which make them fun and fast.

I think too many people get tied up the he60/he90 debate.

The he60's ae a good headphone in their own right. So are the he90's to compare the two is like comparing the cd3k and the r-10.
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #12 of 18

neilvg

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Posts
1,581
Likes
38
I basically completely agree with GRW19.

Neil






..... oh, and I do find the HE60's fun. But I find the HE90's orgasmic. Sometimes too many orgasms can drain you...

wink.gif
If you get this, I don't have to explain myself.
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 3:18 AM Post #13 of 18

GoRedwings19

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Posts
5,014
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
..... oh, and I do find the HE60's fun. But I find the HE90's orgasmic. Sometimes too many orgasms can drain you...

wink.gif
If you get this, I don't have to explain myself.




What you use the he90's to watch adult movies
rs1smile.gif


I thought the he60's would of been a better choice as it's faster....
very_evil_smiley.gif
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 18

neilvg

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Posts
1,581
Likes
38
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
What you use the he90's to watch adult movies
rs1smile.gif


I thought the he60's would of been a better choice as it's faster....
very_evil_smiley.gif



LOL... I honestly have never used them to listen to anything but music... Maybe I should edit that last post. Lots of sickos here. I get Aural Orgasms...

hahahahaha

I wonder what kind of censorship this forum has.

Neil
 
Mar 16, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #15 of 18

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
May 16, 2005
Posts
4,368
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg
I basically completely agree with GRW19.

Neil






..... oh, and I do find the HE60's fun. But I find the HE90's orgasmic. Sometimes too many orgasms can drain you...

wink.gif
If you get this, I don't have to explain myself.



Man.. on second thought, I'm never buying your HE90s.. eeeeew.. looks like you have raunchy ___ with it.. haha!
biggrin.gif


Hey.. your HE90s are rather shiny and smooth, eh?
very_evil_smiley.gif
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top