HE1000 V2 pads falling apart
Sep 27, 2018 at 6:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

JaZZ

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello HiFiMan

It's maybe half a year since I got my V2 pads replaced because the «leather» skin has begun to separate from the foam filling...

10165672.jpg

...exactly like in the picture from TheAttorney (who had the same problem) above.

Now I'm experiencing the same pad problem again. What's the matter with these V2 pads? It's obvious that their design isn't robust enough, it's not even clear how the leather skin can stay in place from the start looking at the «free-floating» inner/lower seam without any stitching. Is there any hope that my third pair of V2 pads will have a better, durable design?

Mar 12, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #2 of 6
Does hifiman addressed this issue or are they still selling same pads?

Mar 13, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #3 of 6
Does hifiman addressed this issue or are they still selling same pads?
Hi there,

Thank you for your interests to Hifiman, we received very few cases about the HEK V2 earpads, please be assured to purchase and feel free to email us at
Customerservice@hifiman.com if there is any problem, we will be at your service. :wink:

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 30, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #4 of 6
Hi there,

Thank you for your interests to Hifiman, we received very few cases about the HEK V2 earpads, please be assured to purchase and feel free to email us at
Customerservice@hifiman.com if there is any problem, we will be at your service. :wink:

April
I hope you can improve the quality of pads, it easily flake and also if you could make a video on how to replace the pads, that would be helpful.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #5 of 6
I had to dig an old post up. These pads have very poor quality. I have kept a brand new pair of pads stored in a dry case with headphones for a year. As I am a consultant physician who deals with Pandemic I just did not have time to use them. For the last two weeks, I had been using these (due to some circumstances I have time) and they just fall apart. I do not think they like time passing by around them. Just looks as they are programmed to last one year so that we have to buy a premium pair of earpads each year whether we use them or not. My other Focal and Sennheiser headphones just stand the test of time and usage with ease and class.
These pads are not cheap too. 79 USD I had to buy three pairs for the time I have used the cans. One pair a year!! And the last pair had not been used even.
I do not think Hifiman does this deliberately. We love the house sound and technology. I feel they have the same respect towards us too.

Attachments

• HE10001.jpeg
    HE10001.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 0
  • HE10002.jpeg
    HE10002.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 0
Apr 2, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 6
I had to dig an old post up. These pads have very poor quality. I have kept a brand new pair of pads stored in a dry case with headphones for a year. As I am a consultant physician who deals with Pandemic I just did not have time to use them. For the last two weeks, I had been using these (due to some circumstances I have time) and they just fall apart. I do not think they like time passing by around them. Just looks as they are programmed to last one year so that we have to buy a premium pair of earpads each year whether we use them or not. My other Focal and Sennheiser headphones just stand the test of time and usage with ease and class.
These pads are not cheap too. 79 USD I had to buy three pairs for the time I have used the cans. One pair a year!! And the last pair had not been used even.
I do not think Hifiman does this deliberately. We love the house sound and technology. I feel they have the same respect towards us too.
Yeah their pads are very poor in quality. I got like 2 pairs for less than 4 months and they always fall apart or suddenly have flaking. This is really frustrating because it will took time for the pads to arrive and they are expensive too for the quality you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back