Originally posted by Tomcat
I love éclairs.

I love Claras...
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 24, 2002 at 11:37 PM Post #18 of 22
Who's Claire? and is she available
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2002 at 6:03 AM Post #20 of 22
I delight in odd sentences. One need only look at my signature. I like scrypt's scripts. I wish I could act out examples with floating shoes...I also find otherwise mundane objects exceedingly funny for example -- shellfish (barnacles and clams (especially razor clams), anything to do with pirates, crabs, crab-apples, and lady-apples. I also amused myself by thinking of a situation in which I was abducted by a Yeti or Sasquatch who was obsessed with the debate over his existence. He would show me videos and photos of him that were blurry or otherwise compromised, using them as evidence of his super-human speed. I believe in my fantasy he said: "Ya know why that photo's blurry? 'Cause I'm faster than Carl Lewis on speed bizzatch!" Other than that, I am pretty well adjusted...

Oct 25, 2002 at 8:29 AM Post #21 of 22
Theres this guy, John Cage, he likes odd sentences also.

Odd sentences are fun.

Are you familiar with nonsense poetry?

A good example is Lewis Carols "Jaberwockie" You should all look it up.

mafawaamana la bwip mana fawa la you did it blwip bwip. la.

John Cage believes that if you take a speech with a message, and you rearrange the words into random order, you will create the message on a subliminal plane. And so you will be able to bypass the listeners natural resistance to your new, or otherwise different message thusly altering their conscience mind against their will and even perhaps without their knowledge... The implications are rather grand.

Nesferatue is the booppm manan la fart you kind of make thes dikkcc therey ruudder munt in.

Someday I will post this video I made for Media studies a couple years ago which is an attempt at describing the breakdown of language and ideas into total nonsense. And yet, in the presence of their original meaning the nonsense words have some mysterious vailidity that will haunt you.

myaa lal youm for ty my am this dood la. ip nip mine lala for twity bit bip gitter lip.

niffer but wadda la.

Essentially what happens is that you strip communication of its literal sensations and leave the listener or reader with nothing but tonalities and implications.

Oct 25, 2002 at 11:53 PM Post #22 of 22
I was in a store where there's this Halloween candy cauldron with a motion sensored hand sticking out of it. When somebody walks by, it speaks in a creepy voice.

Eg. <laugh> Thankyou very much.

It's even more creepy to me because that message sounds like:

They've already killed Bobby Munch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back