HE-6 Loaner Program
Jun 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #20 of 903
I would be interested in this :)

I am like another person In Europe (UK), so would only be able to do it if customs is not an issue.
My amp is a Mission Cyrus1. I own the Audez'e LCD-2.

This is a v.cool programme, even if my EU location or whatever makes me exempt.

EUROPE IT IS.

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #21 of 903
I have an Outlaw 2150RR which could be used for a reviews with Sony 9999ES and Onkyo DX7555 as a source. I own t e D7000,701,840,1001,RX900 and also own Magneplanr MMG/ I would audition it in the same system with my present cans and the Maggie's. I am in NJ and am in if you so choose. I also am in the market for planar headphones right now.

EAST IT IS!

Jun 13, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #23 of 903
I am interested in trying these headphones. 

I have heard most hi-end headphones (everything but the most recent headphones) in the last 5 years of going to meets, and have a good idea of what I look for in a headphone.

equipment: I don't have a high end speaker amp, but have a fairly nice Denon speaker amp, and my SOHA headphone amp, which handles hard to drive phones nicely.  Other headphones are in my sig, Fostex orthos and I've heard a few other orthos and have a few more coming my way as we speak
wink.gif

I could also take some beautiful pictures of them with good lighting in my studio.

WEST IT IS!

Jun 13, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #24 of 903
I'd like to have a go at this too please.

Amps: Cavalli AUdio Liquid Gold Solid State, Cavalli AUdio Stacker 2 hybrid , Yamaha CR-820 stereo receiver (1970s vintage).

Ortho headphones  : Audez'e LCD-2, Smeggy made Fostex "Thunderpants", Wharfedale Isodynamic Zebrawoods, SFI Pickering DIY orthos.

WEST IS IS!

Jun 13, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #25 of 903
Hi, I would love to try the HE-6 out of my Alesis RA100 power amp, if possible (45W per channel into 8 Ohms, but with dual volume pots) or try the HE5LE from my EF5 to compare with my original HE-5. I have a Matrix Mini-i DAC that I think would do them justice as a source component. I feel that my gear is quite capable even though it's not really top end. I do love the ortho sound from my setup and am very interested to see how much better it can get.

Besides the HE-5, my other headphones include the Grado SR325is, Sennheiser HD600, and AKG K701.

edit: pm sent

WEST IT IS!

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #28 of 903
I would also like to participate. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to PM, too, but I'll do that. I hope I qualify...

I would be using a HotAudio DAC -> Travagan's Red amp (5W via the speaker outs)
I have pair of Concept CE-H and Realistic Pro 30 isodynamic headphones, Audio Technica ATH-2, as well as a set of DIY SFI-based headphone. I do have a pair of Fostex T20v2 isodynamics, but they're non-functional at the moment.

Well, I would edit my post to say "EAST", but it's been done for me. Thanks!

EAST IT IS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back