HE-6 Loaner Program
Jun 18, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #46 of 903

Quote:
Thank you for this kind opportunity, Fang. A demo in a quiet environment is the only way to really try headphones.
I have a pair of Dared Mono speaker amps (8 w.p.c.) and have the HE-5's, R-10's
T-1's and HD800's.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you previously said that you live near Fang and were acquaintances? Surely you could burgle your way into his house and sneak a listen as opposed to having them shipped to you!

Although, I may be thinking of someone else, but I swear I recall your avatar attached to that post.

As much as I'd love to participate in this awesome trial, I'd be too scared of damaging something or getting them lost in the mail!

CANADIAN EAST IT IS!

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #47 of 903
I think I'm on the bubble here equipment-wise, but I have a feeling as its limited to the first/top 20 that I will miss the cut! Plus Fang didn't really mention targeting the western US at all I don't think, so I would be surprised really if I did make it.

WEST IT IS!

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #48 of 903

If it can make a stop in Hong Kong I would also be very interested.

AMP: Cary CAD-88SEI -- single ended kt88 amp 20W
Headphones: K1000, Thunderpants Orthos, HD650 (previously owned HD800, sr-007, 4070, ps-1000,..)
Speakers: Focal Jmlab 816

Quote:
[size=11pt]Well, don't forget your home country!!! How about mainland China and Hong Kong? We have lots of people here in headfi and lots of high-end gear users as potential buyers. I Know that as a 100+headfier, that I'm a bit less "respected", but still if there is by any chance one pair  get to Hong Kong, I'd be able to compare them with my TI\ALO ED8\LCD-2. We have a small circle with a whole arsenal of sources and amps including RSA raptor\ Luxman P1u\HPA v200\Woo 5 etc.[/size]

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #49 of 903

Quote:
Thats not very funny, though.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090307020437AAv5r2i

http://eu.techcrunch.com/2009/06/04/super-charging-techcrunch-europe-with-you/
Scroll down to the comments.

I'll admit I let out a chortle. I can't remember how it started though.

And someone with an LCD-2 must be part of this. I think Smeggy posted here so we're covered, but I'd like to have an excuse to drive down and meet Skylab if I'm chosen.
biggrin.gif

IF YOU CAN DRIVE DOWN TO MEET SMEGGY, THEN EAST IT IS.

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #50 of 903

Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't you previously said that you live near Fang and were acquaintances? Surely you could burgle your way into his house and sneak a listen as opposed to having them shipped to you!

I don't know about performing a B&E (a very funny Dane Cook stand up routine), but I'm sure that a good old fashioned arm wrestle will get me first on the list. I'm getting one soon to be passed on to people east of the Mississippi.

Quote:
I think I'm on the bubble here equipment-wise, but I have a feeling as its limited to the first/top 20 that I will miss the cut! Plus Fang didn't really mention targeting the western US at all I don't think, so I would be surprised really if I did make it.

There's going to be one specifically for people west of the Mississippi, provided that your house isn't on fire or under 10 feet of water.
As far as the bubble is concerned, I think you guys are missing the main point. This is a loaner program designed to allow people who might want to by one, have a chance to listen to it, and write about your experience with it. 
Todd the Vinyl Junkie does it all of the time, and so do other manufacturers. It's a way for people who may never get to see if it's a headphone that they would like to have in their stable, without having the noise and pressure of a meet, or the use of source and connecting equipment that they are not familiar with.
When a manufacturer has a loaner program, they hope that people will like it and buy it. If you don't, you don't, but it makes no sense having someone who doesn't use that type of hardware, be a part of the loaner program. Think about it as if it were your business.
If you let 40 people listen to it that otherwise might never have had the chance, and 10 people buy it and write nice things about it, you're ahead of the game.
If it's not your cup of tea, then no harm done. Manufacturers know that these type of loans stand a chance of getting a ding or 2. If you get one, just try and treat it as if it were your own, and pack it up to the best of your ability so others can play, too.

I got a loaner WES from Jack Wu, really thinking that I was going to buy it, and then went with a home built Blue Hawaii instead. Others that tried it, like headphoneaddict, eventually bought one.

This isn't about class and status. But if you're in Jr. High school, and have a sub $100 budget, it wouldn't be fair to include you in the 20 if there is someone who might really want it and buy it. Comprendo?

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #52 of 903
Why, so, seriousaaaaa, Let's put a smile on that faceeeeeee.

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #55 of 903
I look forward to the expert reviews that are sure to come out of this.  Fantastic idea, this'll be of huge benefit to both the community and those who get to try them out.

EAST IT IS!

Jun 19, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #56 of 903
PM sent.

After just barely missing the mark with the HE-5LE I am interested to see if the HE-6 can top the synergy I've built with my HD600. Power is certainly not a problem with the LD MVKI, space heater edition.

IF OKC IS SOMEWHERE NEAR OKLAHOMA, THEN WEST IT IS!

IF NOT PLEASE PM IMMTBIKER

Jun 19, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #57 of 903
I would like to try them out too. Been hearing a lot about ortho headphones, but haven't gotten a chance to try them out.
I will be comparing them to Denon D2000, Utrasone PRO 900 and T1. Amp Violectric V100, DAC PS Audio DL3.

WEST IT IS!

Jun 19, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #59 of 903

Quote:

You mean like Florida?  The East coast HE-6 already covers that state 
tongue.gif

LOLz

So, it's looking like there are people a lot more qualified than I who're interested, but a question that should be asked is: can we share with friends? Obviously, we would be accepting responsibility for their treatment of the pair, but is this a "one per shipment", or is it alright to have other people over to listen?

FANG IS A BUSINESSMAN. IF HAVING PEOPLE OVER MEANS MORE SALES, THEN BY ALL MEANS.
EAST IT IS!

Jun 19, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #60 of 903
I doubt they would have a problem with that, Sam, but remember that if one of your friends breaks the headphones you are responsible to Head Direct for paying for them, not your friend. Depending on the friend a mishap in this price range could get ugly fast.

OKLAHOMA CITY RULES. WEST IT IS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back