HE-6 Loaner Program
Jun 14, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #31 of 903

Quote:
The HE-6 has nearly the same efficiency as the K1000, so if you have an amp that worked well with the K1000, it should work well with the HE-6 as well.

-Ed

My SAC KH1000 amp is great with the K1000 and difficult to drive orthos.  But it has a 4-pin XLR jack and 1/4" jack and no speaker outputs, so unless the HE-6 has either of those on the cable I wont be able to try the SAC amp.  It sounded like the HE-6 will come with a 4 speaker wire termination.

Jun 14, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #32 of 903
i'd love to participate.

my y2 DAC and 3-channel B22 should be up to the task. 

PM sent,

EAST IT IS!

Jun 14, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #33 of 903

Quote:
My SAC KH1000 amp is great with the K1000 and difficult to drive orthos.  But it has a 4-pin XLR jack and 1/4" jack and no speaker outputs, so unless the HE-6 has either of those on the cable I wont be able to try the SAC amp.  It sounded like the HE-6 will come with a 4 speaker wire termination.

Yes, the HE-6 has the same 4 pin XLR connector.  THe SAC amp is not actually balanced, it's single ended.  But it was common for the polarity to be reversed with the SAC amp (I had one before that I had to fix before), so be sure to double check the polarity.

-Ed

Jun 16, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #34 of 903
Thank you for this kind opportunity, Fang. A demo in a quiet environment is the only way to really try headphones.
I have a pair of Dared Mono speaker amps (8 w.p.c.) and have the HE-5's, R-10's
T-1's and HD800's.

EAST IT IS!

Jun 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #35 of 903
It seemed there is a lot of headfiers want to attend. A good news: We will gett one more sample for headfiers. I plan to have one pair in US east, another pair for US mid-west, and the third pair for European Head-fiers.

EAST, WEST, EUROPE, IT IS!

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jun 16, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #39 of 903

Quote:
kunalraiker said:

What is the reason we Australians are being left out.

Ahhh, we're a much smaller market, and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

* We ask that only people with experience with higher end or Orthodynamic headphones apply

I've had experience with (read: own or had on extended loan) 'higher end' dynamic and electrostatic headphones, but how many of us Aussies have had any exposure to orthodynamic cans? Not many...

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #40 of 903
If chosen, I would love the opportunity to give the HE-6 a go.  I have AKG K-1000s, Audez'e LCD-1s and LCD-2's, as well as the standard complement of K701 and K501s, various Ultrasones, Cardas cabled HD-600s, Koss ESP-950s, etc.  I also have ready access to BD T1, HD-800, Denon D7k, D5k, etc.  Amps include SAC K1000, Dared D5, HR MAX, various Denon & TEAC receivers, etc.  

Many sources and DACs on hand too.

Thx,
kevin
WEST of the Mississippi, in Portland, Oregon.

WEST IT IS!

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:06 AM Post #41 of 903
I get the impression those with the best gear will get to be a part of the loaner program. I hope that's not the case. My source is the oppo83 SE.. I owned two Ortho's.. Goldpoint headphone amp V5.. K340/701/SA5000/650/595/DT770/880/990/MDR F1/AD700/10 DT48.. Auditioned the 600/501/K1000.

WEST IT IS!

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #42 of 903

Quote:
I get the impression those with the best gear will get to be a part of the loaner program.

I don't think that that was the point. I would assume it was to stop someone whose never had anything better than a pair of Skull Candies, with no experience in high-end sound from taking an opportunity away from someone whose had experience with high end headphones, who would be able to make a personal comparison on some better quality phones. 
If someone listens to 128kbps mp3s out of a pair of iBuds, they would not be a good person to evaluate a higher priced ortho. Also, they would most likely not be a person who would be in the market for a pair or $1400 headphones.

I'm not trying to be snobbish. Just basic economics. Head-Direct is trying to sell headphones.

By the way, isn't Australia in Europe? 
tongue.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #43 of 903
Thank you for posting in a respectful manner. I know some could have taken it the wrong way. Feng can make any rule they want. It's their headphones.. I just hope the requirement isn't just owning or auditioning the likes of the HD800/PS1/HP1/2/L3000/R10/Omegas/K1000/ etc..

Quote:
I don't think that that was the point. I would assume it was to stop someone whose never had anything better than a pair of Skull Candies, with no experience in high-end sound from taking an opportunity away from someone whose had experience with high end headphones, who would be able to make a personal comparison on some better quality phones. 
If someone listens to 128kbps mp3s out of a pair of iBuds, they would not be a good person to evaluate a higher priced ortho. Also, they would most likely not be a person who would be in the market for a pair or $1400 headphones.

I'm not trying to be snobbish. Just basic economics. Head-Direct is trying to sell headphones.

tongue.gif

WEST IT IS!

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #44 of 903
[size=11pt]Well, don't forget your home country!!! How about mainland China and Hong Kong? We have lots of people here in headfi and lots of high-end gear users as potential buyers. I Know that as a 100+headfier, that I'm a bit less "respected", but still if there is by any chance one pair  get to Hong Kong, I'd be able to compare them with my TI\ALO ED8\LCD-2. We have a small circle with a whole arsenal of sources and amps including RSA raptor\ Luxman P1u\HPA v200\Woo 5 etc.[/size]

Jun 18, 2010 at 3:36 AM Post #45 of 903

Quote:

tongue.gif

Thats not very funny, though.

MINUS 10 POINTS FOR NO SENSE OF HUMOR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back