HE-6 Headphones are available now
Nov 19, 2010 at 11:11 AM Post #61 of 75
Hi Skylab is there any significant improvement from HE-5LE to >>>>>> HE-6?
Please make a short comparison of them.
smile_phones.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #62 of 75

Quote:
Hi Skylab is there any significant improvement from HE-5LE to >>>>>> HE-6?
Please make a short comparison of them.
smile_phones.gif

There is VERY significant improvement.  The ONLY way in which the HE-5LE is "better" is that it is easier to drive.  The HE-6 is otherwise better in every conceivable way, and in many ways, by a significant margin.  Bass is better defined and goes deeper.  Treble is smoother and purer.  Mids are much more open and transparent.  It's simply a much better headphone, IMHO.

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #64 of 75

Quote:

I obliged your request for a comparison, and that's what I get in return?  Sheesh.  No offense, but the posts I see on head-fi that are nothing but the popcorn-eater are the most useless posts on all of head-fi. I wish that emoticon didn't exist.  People should either make a real comment, or not bother posting.

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #65 of 75

Quote:
Quote:

I obliged your request for a comparison, and that's what I get in return?  Sheesh.  No offense, but the posts I see on head-fi that are nothing but the popcorn-eater are the most useless posts on all of head-fi. I wish that emoticon didn't exist.  People should either make a real comment, or not bother posting.

I very enjoy your review Skylab, I mean that maybe you give more deeper or more detail comparison, ups sorry man if popcorn eater make you feel bad, sorry once again. Don't have any bad meaning with popcorn eater.
Than maybe you can give once more sort comp with LCD2 pleasee?

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #66 of 75
No worries. I posted some additional thoughts here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-headphone/1170#post_7069775

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #69 of 75
Quote:
From what I can gather the iBasso Toucan has a bit more power than the Protector and features balanced in as well as out, it may be better suited for the HE-6 then.

Quote:
Quote:
As long as you don't have an amp that outputs more than 70 w.p.c. then you won't need the box.

*Edit- Fang just called me back as I was typing this (I called him yesterday), and he told me that the impedance box and speaker cables will be ready in one month and the price will be +/-$100 give or take a Heineken.
In the meantime, the prodo HE-6 can be run directly out of any headphone amp that has a decent output. No portables, but certainly any amp that has minimal cujones (sp?).

We recommend headphone amp which can provide 1.5 to 2w per channel at 32 ohm.

as a number of folks have heard (including immtbiker) the upcoming rsa sr71b can drive the he6s. the toucan can also drive these cans.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #71 of 75
I am starting to post early impressions on the HE6 using my WA5LE and system.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-headphone/1275#post_7075719

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #72 of 75
How long does it take for Head-Direct to issue the $100 refund for HE-5/HE-5LE owners?  I placed my order yesterday and I haven't even received an order confirmation aside from Paypal's automated email.

Thanks

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #73 of 75
Zoide,
I can understand your frustrations, which in this case are fully warranted yet. but as a MOD, I must ask you not to post the same thing in 2 separate threads.

Cool?

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #74 of 75

Quote:
Zoide,
I can understand your frustrations, which in this case are fully warranted yet. but as a MOD, I must ask you not to post the same thing in 2 separate threads.

Cool?

I'm actually not even frustrated.  It's just that I posted here first, but then thought that not many people might have the thread subscribed since the last post was so long ago.  So then I posted the same question in the other thread, which has been very active.

But I understand your point about double-posting and will try to remember not to do it again.

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #75 of 75
I have a Silver Dragon for my UE-10's and my JH-13's, but I ordered a TWag from Whiplash for my HE-6's (60+"). During the Fall NYC regional meet. Ray stayed over my house and I listened to a balanced cable that he made for the HE-6 for the SR-71B and was amazed by the sound quality. I am hoping that the TWag will come close to what I heard. 
I would never use the HE-6's outside (too much ambient noise), but when I don't want to use my speaker amp, it will be a nice alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back