HE-5LE pics
Apr 19, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can adjust it to fit small head by pushing the adjunct part of Y shape Aluminum headband toward the head.

You mean like when bending a Grado's headband?

Apr 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #18 of 48
Beautiful packaging. Really fits the LE theme.

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #19 of 48
Gorgeous!

Sooo... Who is Toronto is buying a pair? We could compare the HE-5 and LE!
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #20 of 48
Nankai,

Any updates on shipping? The head-direct page still has the preorder price and it is after the 20th. I am just wandering if I was able to get into the first batch?

I tried searching but could not find any further details, so I apologize if these questions have been answered before.

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by toidcans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nankai,

Any updates on shipping? The head-direct page still has the preorder price and it is after the 20th. I am just wandering if I was able to get into the first batch?

I tried searching but could not find any further details, so I apologize if these questions have been answered before.

Also curious! Please post this info, we all want to know when you start shipping them out (yes I have bought one).

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #22 of 48
This might be a stupid question but I will ask none the less. I know that the original HE-5 requires high amount of power from the amp in order to reveal true performance. The new HE-5LE is said to be little bit more efficient. Do you think balanced protector will be sufficient enough to power these monsters? Or will it be too silly to even consider this combination?

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #23 of 48
From personal experience, I would definitely say, "no". The EF-2 has to be at 90% volume to make the HE-5LE's start to sing. These are the wooden prototypes that were at a meet.
The EF-5 puts out 2V per channel @ 32Ω. The Protector puts out 300mA.
It's not going to happen. You need an amp that can charge the magnets in the orthodynamics.
If you want good sound, it would be a waste of time using any rated at less output. Even if the diaphragm is thinner on the LE, you are still putting a charge across magnets and not a voice coil or armatures.
Some people reported excellent results using speaker on a speaker amp. For the money, the EF-5 or better would be the way to go. Just like the K1000's.

Apr 22, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #24 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From personal experience, I would definitely say, "no". The EF-2 has to be at 90% volume to make the HE-5LE's start to sing. These are the wooden prototypes that were at a meet.
The EF-5 puts out 2V per channel @ 32Ω. The Protector puts out 300mA.
It's not going to happen. You need an amp that can charge the magnets in the orthodynamics.
If you want good sound, it would be a waste of time using any rated at less output. Even if the diaphragm is thinner on the LE, you are still putting a charge across magnets and not a voice coil or armatures.
Some people reported excellent results using speaker on a speaker amp. For the money, the EF-5 or better would be the way to go. Just like the K1000's.

Thanks immtbiker!

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #25 of 48
FWIW, I ordered the HE-5LE on the 19th and got this email today:

---------------------

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your payment. We need your telephone number to arrange shipping, which is needed when local courier delivery the package to you. Pls reply ASAP. Or your package will be delayed.

Best,
Head-Direct Shipping Department

---------------------

Looks like they'll be on their way soon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #26 of 48
Looks great!
smile.gif

I really do like its black design.

Apr 22, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #27 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif

---------------------

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your payment. We need your telephone number to arrange shipping, which is needed when local courier delivery the package to you. Pls reply ASAP. Or your package will be delayed.

Best,

---------------------

smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry to burst the bubble my friend, I received this about a week or two back and still no sign of the headphones.

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif

---------------------

Dear Customer,

Best,

---------------------

smily_headphones1.gif

yeh i remember this email from long ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back