HE-5LE Dilemma, Need advice...
Jul 19, 2010 at 9:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MikePio

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I have just came back from Europe, to find my brand new HE-5LE's waiting for me! One problem, I really didn't like their sound signature. Don't get me wrong they have very defined bass, full sound, but slightly to warm and is missing that "sparkle". My friend on the other hand does enjoy them a lot, he has the HD650's, but for me, being a (K701) lover
k701smile.gif
, simply the LE's was not my cup of tea... So fellow head-fier's what would be the best headphone that I could trade the LE's for, since I would rather trade them for another can in a similar price range... I was thinking the ATH-W5000, not much love on here, but I heard it is an excellent closed can! Any other suggestions? I have all summer before going back to Europe, and would really want a pair of headphones that really match my tastes... CIAO

-Mike.

Jul 19, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #2 of 6
HE-5? :)

have you thought about modding the HE-5LE? like removing the screen/felt/damping behind the driver and getting the discounted silver cable from Fang.

Jul 19, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
HE-5? :)

have you thought about modding the HE-5LE? like removing the screen/felt/damping behind the driver and getting the discounted silver cable from Fang.

Hello dcpoor,

Already owned the HE-5's lol... I don't feel comfortable modding a 700 dollar headphone (voiding the warranty). Also I have the silver cable already which I am using with my LE's... I just don't enjoy the sound that much, it's not bad by all means, but this headphone obviously does not feel right to me, and IMO "personal" synergy with the headphone is one of the most important things, and I just don't gel with them, like I said before, not my cup of tea... Any suggestions from anybody about possible headphones that are a worthy trade???? Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back