HE-500 what amp(maybe dac) for $250-350 ?
Dec 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

saer

CAUTION: INCOMPLETE TRADES
Hello,

Just purchased the HiFi Man HE-500 and looking to pair it with a amp that would compliment mainly r&b, jazz, downtempo, lounge & acoustic types of music.

Would the Schiit Asgard or Valhalla be a good pairing ?

Also, I am currently using a Titanium HD sound card in my computer that I plan on using as a DAC. Would it be better to go with maybe a magni/modi or O2/odac ?

Also considering maybe a LaFigaro 336c for an amp.

Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated 
beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 11
Good decision. I recently purchased an asgard 2, it rocks. I also picked up a Bifrost, and their synergy is amazing.

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #6 of 11

Can you recommend a DAC to pair with the Asgard 2 ? Was thinking about the Bifrost.

Cant go wrong with the bifrost if you shell out that sort of cash. I use a pupDAC which is probably one of the best USB powered dacs. Good enough for me. 

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #7 of 11
HE400s, Akg k702 Annie's, senn hd598s, grado sr80s. Sounds great with all of them. If you have the cash, get a schiit stack, it wont disappoint you. 

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #8 of 11
  Good decision. I recently purchased an asgard 2, it rocks. I also picked up a Bifrost, and their synergy is amazing.

They do have a great synergy together. Asgard 2 has very nice bass and sound signature leans on the warm side of neutral with good instrument separation and above average soundstage presentation.

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #9 of 11
Coming from an Asus STX soundcard, it was pretty amazing. I probably will be upset the next time I upgrade because I will be expecting such a huge improvement. 

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #10 of 11
lets us know how they sound together. I was looking at this same setup and any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back