HE-500 paired with Schiit Lyr - Alot of undertone white noise
Feb 3, 2012 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Androktasiai

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,

I have been noticing on alot of tracks that there is alot of underlying white noise playing songs through my Schiit Lyr to my HE-500s.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with the Lyr? It seems to be more pronounced on acoustic and music that has moments of silence or breaks.

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hey,

I have been noticing on alot of tracks that there is alot of underlying white noise playing songs through my Schiit Lyr to my HE-500s.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with the Lyr? It seems to be more pronounced on acoustic and music that has moments of silence or breaks.

i would try pulling out the tubes and reseating them in the socket and seeing if that helps.
Quote:
i notice that too, but only from my right side ear cup,....any one?

does the issue persist with other cans? most likely the tubes, try switching them and see if the problem moves to the left earcup as each tube is responsible for something like 98% of the sound on their respective side.

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 4
I'm running a pair of Sylvanias in my Lyr and the background is dead black with my HD650 unless I turn the volume up all the way with nothing playing (obviously). During normal use I've noticed no background noise at all that isn't inherent to the recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back