HE-500 Loaner Program
Jan 25, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #33 of 185
Jan 26, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #34 of 185
Hey Fang,

I'm interested in the HE-6P loaner program, am currently based in the UK, and willing adhere to the parameters you listed.

As an experienced musician I'm well aware of what musical performances sound like live and in quality recording studios, and how that compares to what I hear with headphones, including high-end models.

Recently, I upgraded my laptop-based listening set up to include the FiiO E7/E9 DAC/Amp combo (which is very neutral sounding) and other components listed in my signature. In recent weeks, I have used it to comepare the Sennheiser HD 600, HD 650, HD 800, the Beyerdynamic T1, and the HiFiMAN RE-ZERO in-ear headphones, which are very detailed indeed. Some of my comparison notes are posted in my subscribed Head-Fi threads, as well as on Headfonia, mainly under the FiiO amp reviews - my posts there are under the name Windsor, and Mike Ting has said that I describe headphones very well.

I've been investigating high-end headphones, including those that can be used portably, and short of going to stores I've not managed to locate many people with high-end headphones I'd like to try - this loaner program could be an great opportunity for me to try the HE-6P.

Many thanks,

Windsor

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #35 of 185
I would like to participate, if there is still room.  I have LCD-2's (as well as Senn HD-650's) and heard the HE-5LE's, HE-6's and HE-6 prototype at a recent meet.  I drive my 'phones with a Little Dot MKIII (with Western Electric 1950's NOS tubes) or a Glimore Lite from Headamp. 

I would also be interested in providing you with professional product photos of the new HE-6P.

I am in the Eastern US.  I can probably pick up or drop off the loaners to Frank I as we are about an hour apart.

-Lee

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #36 of 185
Hello Fang,

You know I want in on this program :)  You know I enjoyed hearing the prototype at Frank's house and how much I wanted to take it home with me.  Please consider me for the program.  Thanks.

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #37 of 185
I would love to participate in this loaner program as well. I have Sennheiser HD600's, AKG 702's and AKG 501's, all balanced and run off a LD DAC_I/LD MKVII+ balanced setup. I've also had experience with T1's and HD800's. I'm located in the Eastern US.

Feb 12, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #39 of 185
I should be in possesion of the Euro sample the week round March 26th so I can bring it to the spring Danish head-fi meet, at least that's what Fang has emailed me

Feb 13, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #41 of 185
Don't know what qualifies as experienced but if I pass muster I'd be happy to be part of the Europe test (UK based). I have heard a good few and own two of the vintage orthos, own Stax SR-303 and beyer ET1000 electrostatics too and a lot of dynamics. I'd be comparing them mostly against my electrostatics which are my benchmarks but also the vintage orthos too, both modded.

EDIT - Should add that I'm on the committee for the national UK meet in April, so if I did end up on the trails, receiving them around then would allow them to be compared against... well pretty much most of the "best phone" contenders out there with some very experienced headfiers.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #42 of 185
hi Fang, i'd love to participate in this - us east coast region. tia.
i've plenty of gear and experience with high end audio.

Quote:
No more headphones for mtiker!

surely this is a typo!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #43 of 185
I would like to join in here. I will be running it with a Grant Fidelity A534 - 32ohm output 300b amp. It should be a stellar match - if not a little too much power - It has driven the HE-6 well.

In Florida.

Feb 20, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #45 of 185
Add me to the US West Program please. I have high end setups and am very curious about testing through HM-602->Pico Slim->HE-500s. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back