HE-400 cable cutting out?
Mar 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

blyn

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, new HE-400 owner here (I've owned them for about 24 hours now...) and everything was going great.  However, I was just wrapping myself in a blanket and felt a static charge jump to the cans.  After i recovered i checked it out and sure enough sound was no longer coming to the right ear.  If I switch the cable sides I can get sound to the right but no longer the left, so i'm pretty inclined to say it's just the cable.

Any advice?  I'm super disappointed because i was just getting ready to gear up for a long listening session.  Will i be doomed to wait for a warranty replacement?  Does anyone have experience with a similar issue?

Edit: Well, nevermind, sorry.  Seems like the M&M was the issue.  I reset the DAC and now everything's back to normal.  Crisis over.

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Hi guys, new HE-400 owner here (I've owned them for about 24 hours now...) and everything was going great.  However, I was just wrapping myself in a blanket and felt a static charge jump to the cans.  After i recovered i checked it out and sure enough sound was no longer coming to the right ear.  If I switch the cable sides I can get sound to the right but no longer the left, so i'm pretty inclined to say it's just the cable.

Any advice?  I'm super disappointed because i was just getting ready to gear up for a long listening session.  Will i be doomed to wait for a warranty replacement?  Does anyone have experience with a similar issue?

Edit: Well, nevermind, sorry.  Seems like the M&M was the issue.  I reset the DAC and now everything's back to normal.  Crisis over.

Yay! Glad its fixed, and can go back to 
L3000.gif
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back