HE-400 Build Quality
Feb 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

seag33k

100+ Head-Fier
I've been doing some research on the HE-400 lately and have run across some old and new posts regarding issues with the build quality and defective parts on the HE-400s.  Are these all old issues?  It sure wouldn't give me that pride in ownership if in the back of my head I wondered if I had a defective pair.  Its not like us headphone geeks never obsess over our gear 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 7
Hifiman had problems with the first batch of HE-400, they have improved the build quality since then. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 7
Come on. Factory defects can and do happen. Every day. HiFiMan may have corrected the issues with the first production run of the HE-400, but even now the headphone is not immune from the occasional issue although the chances are very slim. The same holds true for ANY headphone.

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 7
Come on. Factory defects can and do happen. Every day. HiFiMan may have corrected the issues with the first production run of the HE-400, but even now the headphone is not immune from the occasional issue although the chances are very slim. The same holds true for ANY headphone.

personal foul on my original post 
biggrin.gif
, "could" should be "should"

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #6 of 7
Good to know and very true! I just dislike the thought of dropping $400 on a pair of cans with a higher than normal chance of getting a lemon 
redface.gif

Feb 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Good to know and very true! I just dislike the thought of dropping $400 on a pair of cans with a higher than normal chance of getting a lemon 
redface.gif

lol
if you buy direct from hifiman a new unit, chances are minimal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back