HE-300 full size dynamic headphones
Jul 28, 2011 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Nankai

Sponsor: HiFiMAN
Order Link:

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=108

Price: US$299

HE-300 headphones are high efficiency and low impedance full size headphones. It is very easy to drive so that you can use HE-300 on any portable device such as iphone and ipod. Its sound signature is very similar to our planar headphones such as HE-500 and HE-4. 

Spec:

Driver: 50mm diameter Dynamic drivers
Impedance:       50 Ohm
Sensitivity:       93 dB @ 1KHZ, 1mW
Rated Power:  30 mW
Freq:  15 to 22000 HZ
Weight: about 270 g

Shipping:
$10 in US
$20 worldwide shipping

Arrive in 5 to 10 days. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 29, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 45
Worse, or not. I've ordered a pair of HE-300 from Head-Direct today. Looking forward to how it compares to my HE-500. Will use the HE-300 @ work though. Hope that it drives OK from my iPhone. A bit excited if it comes with the new pads...hope it does. Better with later delivery & new pads, than instant delivery and the old pads...

Jul 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #6 of 45
It looks like a good deal to me :)

Do these come with the improved pads that should be out soon?

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #7 of 45
Very cool! It's nice to have another headphone on the market!

I will look forward to reviews and hearing a pair. :)

(And thank you again for your sponsorship! :))

Jul 30, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #8 of 45

Quote:
Our distributors will kill me if we dare to do so :).

Haa Haa Fang ,
    This Is Amarbir Your Indian distributor Lol Sure We Will Boss .BTW Could you give some impressions as to what all brand/Models you can compare this too .Might be in the next consignment we could add a pair of those also

Aug 6, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 45
Took the liberty and added it to the database: http://www.head-fi.org/products/hifiman-he-300

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #12 of 45
I cannot believe how good these headphones are, even for triple the price. To me, they blow away the HD6XX's, the K701's, and any other dynamic headphone worth many times the price.

I know that a lot of you know that Fang and I are friends, but I swear, this is one of the finest sounding headphones under a $Grand. There is nothing bad that I can say about them. They have just the right
amount of bass and the mids and treble are top notch. They portray the music in such a way that I cannot take them off each night. my wife is angry at me because I am always late when she calls me to dinner. 
It is perfect for rock, jazz, electronica, complicated classical and any other music you can throw at them. 

Fang has a real winner with this one and I want to shout it from the rooftops, if anyone asks, "can anyone recommend a headphone between $300 and 500 dollars. Every headphone that Fang has built in the last 2 years has gotten better and better. But this one comes with an affordable price tag that should have Sennheiser shaking in it's boots.

I know that it sounds like I am shilling for Fang, and frankly, I am. These things are blowing me away. They are everything that a full size headphone listener can ask for in a pair of headphones. The bone shaking bass does not, in anyway interfere with the mid bass and the midrange and treble are left alone to do their job.

Do I sound like I like these. Your **** right that I do. 2 years ago we have been waiting for a company to finally start building headphones to compete with phones of yesteryear (the R-10's, Orpheus, HP-1 and 2's). Then Sennheiser broke the sound barrier (ooh, I like that expression) with the introduction of the HD800's and the PS1000's and the Beyer T-1's. Then came the Edition 8's and now the 10's (blech) and then the HE-6's which are great, but do need an amp.
Well 2 years later, Head-Direct came out with a headphone that not only cost pennies, but sound close to any of those higher price offerings. I'm not kidding. These are very exciting times for the headphone world. You can actually go out (actually, you don't even have to leave your house, they come to your house within a couple of days from China, via DHL), and get a fantastic headphone that won't break you bank and that sound like g-d's headphone gift to man. I don't think that too many people will disagree with me, but I really can't imagine what there would be much to complain about. The build quality is where it should be, and they are a handsome phone.
The build quality is exceptional (the hangers, circles and cups are all silver now, so the cannot be confused with any other headphones in the HiFiMAN line).

These are exciting times in the headphone world. If this was a Nissan headphone commercial, balloons and faces of very happy people dancing in the streets would be all over the place.

Since Fang is in China working on future products, if anyone has a Head-Fi meet coming up, PM me, and I'll make sure that a pair get to that meet. I am in no way affiliated in the money interests of Head-Direct, but I am, and always have been affiliated in the world of better sounding music through better components that don't cost $1000's of dollars. I haven't heard the C32/SR009 yet, but I was at a mini-meet in Brooklyn 2 week's ago, and listened to the "famed" Ultrasone Edition 10's although they were quite "pretty" they did not cut it in the sound department.
The Ultrasone's were "nasally" and the sound out of them was lackluster to say the least. There were 5 other people at the meet who took an identical stance on them. But when a $2800 headphone spends more time on the stand (which is also quite nice looking, but it doesn't make music in my ears), there's something very wrong with that picture.
The HiFiMAN HE-300's are the best bargain, best sounding headphones that I have ever heard for the price, or even triple the price.

Aug 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #13 of 45
Thanks for your impression biker, it helps a lot. I'm currently deciding between these and HE-500. Any thoughts on that?

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #15 of 45
It does sound like Fang has another winner indeed. I'm pretty impressed at the rate they release quality products and by someone who cares and implements feedback based on their customers. This will be my next headphone when I save a bit of money since I just bought a different headphone on impulse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back