HDCD list
Mar 29, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #31 of 595
I'm actually a little surprised nobody did it before now. I mean, I know there's more than a handful of people who'd find it handy
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 2:13 PM Post #35 of 595
Quote:

Originally posted by Megaptera
Am I correct in my interpretation that all recently released Grateful Dead albums, whether live or remastered studio albums, are HDCD? I'm wondering if I can include them all in a single listing (which I'd like to do for space reasons), but if the live albums are not consistently HDCD I'll seperate them.

My copy of In The Dark is not HDCD. Though it is listed on one website as being so. I haven't had my copy all that long, yet it must not be new enough.
frown.gif

edit
Another Bee Gees is "Their Greatest Hits The Record" a two disc HDCD set. It is marked.
another edit
Several of Motley Crue's re-releases are HDCD. It's kind of spotty finding one. I have Too Fast For Love that is HDCD and is marked as such.

Green Day - Nimrod it is marked HDCD
Dropkick Murphys - Sing Loud, Sing Proud it is marked HDCD

Mar 30, 2004 at 3:42 PM Post #36 of 595
Has anybody looked on Ebay for HDCD?
I just did and found a whole bunch of them. The only thing is, they are mostly Asian releases. Titles that I don't recognize like The Very Best of the Eagles, and titles I do recognize like that new Eagles 2 CD set. I can't remember if the new US release of the Eagles is HDCD but the Asian release is.
I am a bit leery of these. I don't know why. I have purchased a Japan only release once, and have been very happy with it. But ordering directly from China just raises red flags in my head.

Mar 30, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #38 of 595
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
Has anybody looked on Ebay for HDCD?

I haven't checked Ebay myself. I did a quick search for 'hdcd' on Amazon, and didn't find much of interest on the first page (too broad a search, obviously), but I did somewhere notice that the CD version of Concert for George is in HDCD. That'll probably be a must-have.

Mar 30, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #39 of 595
Quote:

Originally posted by Megaptera
I did a quick search for 'hdcd' on Amazon, and didn't find much of interest on the first page (too broad a search, obviously),

Weird. I did a search on Amazon and found 16 HDCD's in populair music and 2 in classical music.

Mar 30, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #40 of 595
It's the whole problem with HDCDs being unlabeled again -- there's plenty of HDCDs on Amazon, but you'd never know it. Especially not by doing a search for it.

Apparently I didn't read about the Concert for George on Amazon, though. Wonder where I found that...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 11:01 PM Post #45 of 595
Quote:

Great job you are doing. Could it be possible to put a mark like a *on the HDCDs that are not labeled?

Thank you. And that's a pretty good idea -- It may not be 100% accurate, since I don't personally own all the discs, but that would be pretty useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back