HDCD list
Jul 11, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #376 of 595
I just bought The Traveling Wilburys Collection and it's HDCD. Sounds great. Both albums (Volume 1 and Volume 3) light the HDCD logo on my receiver.
etysmile.gif

Jul 11, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #377 of 595
Dont know if I can find it but I clearly remember the "Spongebob Movie Soundtrack" was an HDCD. I would have to search for it, younger brothers had it
frown.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #378 of 595
Just picked up Roxette - A Collection of Roxette Hits, Their 20 greatest songs! On Capitol EMI. It lights up the HDCD light on my Arcam.
There is no mention of HDCD on anywhere.

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #383 of 595
I joined this forum only because of this HDCD topic, not because I care so much about headphones. It would be great if this list could be put into a site of its own. Some of the discs on the list I already have but had no idea they were HDCD.

A few not listed yet:
Leftover Salmon, The Nashville Sessions
I don't know what genre you'd put this under -- maybe Rock/Pop, maybe Country; I personally hate genre classification, exactly because albums like this exist. (Leftover Salmon describe their music as "Polyethnic Cajun Slamgrass.")

Steve Earle, Jerusalem

Neil Young, Live at Massey Hall 1971

all three are labelled as HDCD.

Like the Grateful Dead, I'm pretty sure Neil Young, Joni Mitchell and (probably) Steve Earle are all going to go with HDCD for future releases. Sure wish Neil would put out the HDCD rereleases of After the Gold Rush, Harvest and Rust Never Sleeps.

One of the titles I was surprised to see listed was Sleater-Kinney's Dig Me Out. I just played it, and it definitely does cause the HDCD light to click on, but after listening I doubt it's actually an HDCD mastering job. It's not labelled as HDCD nor as CD.

Sep 9, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #384 of 595
A few more entries:

Linda Perry - In Flight (1996) *

Silverchair - Diorama (2002) *

Joni Mitchell – Both Sides Now DVD-Audio (2000) is also marked with HDCD, but dosn't show when played

Sep 15, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #385 of 595
Here's another:
Going Driftless: an Artist's Tribute to Greg Brown
(various artists, including Gillian Welch, Lucinda Williams, Shawn Colvin and many more, all women)
Marked as HDCD on the case. This is folk, call it country if you must.

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #386 of 595
My apologies everyone! I have not forgotten the list. In the past few months I've been too busy to really visit Head-Fi (new job, new apartment, new computer, etc.) and I hadn't noticed that I wasn't logging in when I did; my thread notification never got reset and so all summer I was thinking nobody had found any HDCDs. But all is good now, and everything should be up to date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlormans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought The Traveling Wilburys Collection and it's HDCD. Sounds great. Both albums (Volume 1 and Volume 3) light the HDCD logo on my receiver.
etysmile.gif

That makes my day.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #387 of 595
Hi, everybody. I just got an HDCD compatible CDP and am thrilled to find this list. I happily discovered two more CDs that are in HDCD:

Elvis Costello - North

Anna Sofie von Otter meets Elvis Costello - For The Stars

Both are pop records released around 2003 on Deutsche Grammophon. They are not labeled as HDCD. I haven't found any other EC that's HDCD, but I wonder about other von Otter or Deutsche Grammophon recordings.

Thanks for doing this.

Ted

p.s. Oops! I just noticed you already have North listed. I just didn't think to look for it under "Jazz".

Sep 20, 2007 at 2:07 AM Post #388 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted in NJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oops! I just noticed you already have North listed. I just didn't think to look for it under "Jazz".

Thanks for the additions! I've moved North to pop; haven't heard it myself but I know I'd expect to find an Elvis Costello album there, so why not.

Sep 21, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #389 of 595
Artist: Ani DiFranco
Album: Reprieve
Genre: Indie Rock / Folk Rock
Label: Righteous Babe records

HDCD not indicated on jacket, but HDCD indicator lights up on my Rotel CD player when played back.

Thanks all!

after the rain...

Sep 24, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #390 of 595
Artist: Chris Isaak
Album: The Best Of Chris Isaak
Genre: Roots Rock
Label: Reprise / Wea

HDCD not indicated on jacket, but HDCD indicator lights up on my Rotel CD player when played back.

Thanks all!

after the rain...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back