HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
Oct 14, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #91 of 359
Is this, "The Neverending Story?" My kids never told me about any headphones in the story.

Oct 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #92 of 359
Haha this is an awesome thread!

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #93 of 359
Where's the next part? I'm ready with my Lagavulin on the side...(to keep off those gym socks away)

Oct 14, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #94 of 359
Great story.  If you still have the headphones you can try cleaning both the pads and the cloth insert.  After that you can place the entire lot into a large container full of coffee which will allow the beans to absorb some of the smell and impart the coffee smell onto the headphones.  This process takes a few weeks, but really helps remove, hide, and otherwise free oneself from such putrid stenches.

Are these the hot sauce modified headphones?

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #95 of 359
Sodium Bicarbonate is very good for removing smells.

No good for this thread, though.

Seems like the thread starter is milking this for all it's worth.

Post the 4th instalment, and let us go back to our mundane lives of hype and bickering over what sound should sound like........

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #96 of 359
Sanctified olive oil should calm any spirits, but if it's cursed you may need a purging stone from your local priest.

Oct 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #99 of 359
  Sodium Bicarbonate is very good for removing smells.

No good for this thread, though.

Seems like the thread starter is milking this for all it's worth.

Post the 4th instalment, and let us go back to our mundane lives of hype and bickering over what sound should sound like........

He's dangling it like a carrot.  A smelly, smelly carrot.
biggrin.gif

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #101 of 359
  I'm guessing they were from a deceased estate. The deceased was an audiophile and was wearing them when he died. He was not discovered for a number of years and his corpse putrefied and spoiled the headphones. The low serial# fits with this theory.

This is what I was thinking, except I figured the guy probably just passed away in his seat and was found weeks later.
Explains why there was no "water" damage.

Anyway, I just thought of something my gf told me.. the sun tends to do a good job of killing off smells (by killing off the bacteria) lol. Apparently thats another reason why drying clothes out on a line is such a good idea? Dunno. The idea makes sense I guess. Even better if you can borrow someone's tanning bed LOL.

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #102 of 359
This is what I was thinking, except I figured the guy probably just passed away in his seat and was found weeks later.
Explains why there was no "water" damage.

Anyway, I just thought of something my gf told me.. the sun tends to do a good job of killing off smells (by killing off the bacteria) lol. Apparently thats another reason why drying clothes out on a line is such a good idea? Dunno. The idea makes sense I guess. Even better if you can borrow someone's tanning bed LOL.

Keep the good ideas rolling guys! I am really diggin everyone's input. Thanks for all the tips, ideas, and fun responses. Working on the next installment. Just got done from work, had to go to a party that a brewer was in town for. We needed to discuss a radio interview spot that my store has -- beer thirty, haha. Just got home and trying to decide how to finish the night off. Aperol spritz, Kilchoman single cask 123 Proof, or French dry rose?

Oct 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #104 of 359
I think at this point we're all in for a disappointment. It will be hard for him to top it off after all this build up and anticipation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back