HD800 Story Telling Time - *Warning* Prepare thyself, not for the faint of heart - (You've been warned!)
Oct 11, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #31 of 359
The smell is probably "soaked in" to the box now too... 
blink.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #32 of 359
LOL
Here I was wondering what kind of forum link I was sent... This is hilarious. If Head-Fi had a magazine this needs to be in it!

Thanks BMF&mrscotch ya'll made my day :D
Subbed

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #34 of 359
LOL
Here I was wondering what kind of forum link I was sent... This is hilarious. If Head-Fi had a magazine this needs to be in it!

Thanks BMF&mrscotch ya'll made my day :D
Subbed

Thank you! I've been in good spirits the whole time, but life isn't fun without a little drama. Yesterday, went to GC yesterday, so there is more to the story... I can't keep up wih writing about it. I am starting to think I should just make a podcast! Haha

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #35 of 359
Just had a horrible thought of what the smell could be. Rather not mention it though lol.

Subbed! Looking forward to the rest.

I have dropped some subtle hints throughout... But I was thinking about adding a poll to guess that smell...maybe, just maybe go as far as, well, I won't ruin that surprise just yet!

More to come tonight. I will post part 4 or die trying!

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #36 of 359
Oct 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #37 of 359
LOL!

I've had my HD800s for four years now and mine still smell. I wouldn't necessarily refer to it as wet gym socks but it is kind of funky. I've always assumed it was coming from the case though, since I routinely leave them out for a week or more. I'll have to check when I get home from work later to see if I can discern exactly where the smell is coming from. As for the smell itself, it's not that overpowering and it's never hampered my listening enjoyment. It's not something I'm constantly aware of when using them. I probably notice it most when putting them on and taking them off.

The real question though is "Do mine smell they same as yours?"

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #38 of 359
You are welcome, I appreciate the postitive feedback. Part 4 should be up tonight, and maybe a few other thingies.

Edit:
I just realized that this is your first post! I am honored I was your first
cool.gif
. On behalf of HeadFi, we formally apologize to your wallet, welcome!

I usually am a silent reader. I'm from Argentina and my english is not really good.
In my country the prices of the gear are almost 3x the Us prices (and is very difficult buy outside) so, yes, my wallet is crying but shhh!, my wife doesn't know yet.

Can't wait to read the rest of your story.
Thanks for the welcome!

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #40 of 359
LOL!

I've had my HD800s for four years now and mine still smell. I wouldn't necessarily refer to it as wet gym socks but it is kind of funky. I've always assumed it was coming from the case though, since I routinely leave them out for a week or more. I'll have to check when I get home from work later to see if I can discern exactly where the smell is coming from. As for the smell itself, it's not that overpowering and it's never hampered my listening enjoyment. It's not something I'm constantly aware of when using them. I probably notice it most when putting them on and taking them off.

Uhhh... No. You would know. Can't say anything further on the topic until Part 4 is released... Cruel, I know.

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #41 of 359
I usually am a silent reader. I'm from Argentina and my english is not really good.
In my country the prices of the gear are almost 3x the Us prices (and is very difficult buy outside) so, yes, my wallet is crying but shhh!, my wife doesn't know yet.

Can't wait to read the rest of your story.
Thanks for the welcome!

Have a Fernet con Cola for me!

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #42 of 359
LOL

Thanks BMF&mrscotch ya'll made my day
biggrin.gif

Subbed

FYI, I only sent the link.

The story is by mrscocthguy's, alone. I'm looking forward to reading what happens, next.

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #44 of 359
  LOL!

Interesting. The set I have on loan from a friend smells like the Peppermint-Patchouly soap I make. Must be the hard-wired SAA VOICE cable...or, storing them near my soap closet.

mrscothguy says he dropped hints in episodes 1 - 3.  Must go back and re-read. I want "IN" on his surprise and have a pretty good idea what it is.  

Oct 11, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #45 of 359

Users who are viewing this thread

Back