HD800 owners in San Jose, CA area
Jun 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

koiloco

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi fellow head-fiers,

Any HD800 owners who happen to live in San Jose, CA area?  I am thinking about buying the HD800 but would like to try it out before hand.  I know I can always do the Amazon route but would like to avoid it if possible cuz I just don't feel right trying and returning things like that.

Please PM me if you own one and would like to help me out.  Much appreciated.

Ben

PS: currently own Q701.  Like it a lot.

Jun 17, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 6
Thx Asr and dahoo!

I put my name down to participate in the meet at Westin.  When I have time this week, I'll swing by Bestbuy.
I hate buying it just to try it out at home and later having to return it but I guess there's no way around it if they don't have proper amps at the store.  Time to liquidate some other hobbies :)

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Check out Audio High in Mountain View. They should be willing to give you a listen prior to purchase.

Yep. They're not that far from San Jose. Just take 101 North until you get to Moffett Blvd and then take a left after you exit and keep going and it's before the train tracks.

They're wonderfully helpful. I went there last week actually. They'll set you up and let you do your thing and occasionally come back and see if you're doing alright. Great dudes. They have the HDVD 800 amplifier on display and they let you demo all the flagships from Audeze, Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser and a few others there with that amp/DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back