HD800 and T1 musings...
Jan 20, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #886 of 1,024
  For a nice all around solid state DAC/AMP combo the Daccord/Corda Classic is great bang for the buck.

Made in Germany for those German HP's 
beerchug.gif

Made in Germany by a really nice Dutchman. 
smile.gif

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #887 of 1,024
Hi all, I've been lurking here for a few weeks and want to join in...
I already have a SS DAC/amp in the form of Naims DAC-V1. I have a pair of DT1350's that I really enjoy (mainly on my Fostex hp-p1).
Will I enjoy the T1's if I like the 1350's? I think they're the ones I'm favouring at the moment, from the descriptions I've read and my music preference - its very difficult for me to audition them.
Any comments would be really appreciated.

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #888 of 1,024
I already have a SS DAC/amp in the form of Naims DAC-V1. I have a pair of DT1350's that I really enjoy (mainly on my Fostex hp-p1).
Will I enjoy the T1's if I like the 1350's? I think they're the ones I'm favouring at the moment, from the descriptions I've read and my music preference - its very difficult for me to audition them.

You might not...the T1's have quite a bit more treble energy than the DT1350s. I might suggest you look into the LCD-2s instead.

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #889 of 1,024

I think the T5p is closer to the signature of the DT1350, but I also think that the T1 is a slightly better headphone than the T5p.  If you need isolation, got with the T5p...otherwise the T1 is a probably the better choice.   

Like you, I upgraded from the DT1350 to the T1 (well, not really upgraded since I still have the DT1350). 

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #890 of 1,024
  You might not...the T1's have quite a bit more treble energy than the DT1350s. I might suggest you look into the LCD-2s instead.

The treble of the T1 did not bother me at all.   The treble of the T90...now that's a different story.

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #891 of 1,024

The treble of the T1 did not bother me at all.   The treble of the T90...now that's a different story.

It didn't bother me either, but there was just more of with with the T1s over the DT1350s.

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #892 of 1,024

I had the T1s first, but when I picked up the 1350s I felt they were more similar to the T1 signature than different. If you really like the 1350s, I'd be very surprised if you didn't like the T1s. 

Feb 1, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #893 of 1,024
Cheers guys, providing its smooth I think the treble will be ok. I really like the presentation of the 1350s, I don't have a lot of experience here but I also find them musical, I seem to enjoy or at least appreciate everything I play through them. I'm just looking for more.

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #894 of 1,024
  It didn't bother me either, but there was just more of with with the T1s over the DT1350s.

Is there "more" treble or does it just appear that way because of the higher level of detail?
I could cope with a slightly brighter signature than the 1350's but I'm curious to know what you mean by aggressive.
From what I've read I mainly listen to music that suits the T1, aggressive / forward might be ok, but the last thing I want is listening fatigue. I'd be very disappointed parting with the cash to get something that I couldn't listen to for as long as I wanted.
PS after reading earlier posts and noticing your avatar, I just bought Fly By Night (my first Rush album) :)

Feb 6, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #895 of 1,024
  Is there "more" treble or does it just appear that way because of the higher level of detail?
I could cope with a slightly brighter signature than the 1350's but I'm curious to know what you mean by aggressive.
From what I've read I mainly listen to music that suits the T1, aggressive / forward might be ok, but the last thing I want is listening fatigue. I'd be very disappointed parting with the cash to get something that I couldn't listen to for as long as I wanted.
PS after reading earlier posts and noticing your avatar, I just bought Fly By Night (my first Rush album) :)

There definitely is more treble energy on the T1s...not huge but enough. On a good OTL tube amp, I never found the T1s fatiguing (they are a lot better than the DT1350s).

How did you know I was a Rush fan? 
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #896 of 1,024

There definitely is more treble energy on the T1s...not huge but enough. On a good OTL tube amp, I never found the T1s fatiguing (they are a lot better than the DT1350s).

tongue.gif

I would be interested in a tube amp, but realistically, this is a long way away (years).

About 6 months ago I bought Naim's DAC-V1... It's £1250 DAC / Pre-amp with an apparently good quality headphone amp. I wanted a tidy computer audio solution (mac mini) and this half size box along side the NAP100 hit the nail on the head.

I'm just hoping the T1's sound smooth through it. If they do, I'll be happy for the foreseeable future.

The shop I use is very good and prepared to offer me a refund if I don't like them, but I'm trying to research as much as I can to save me wasting peoples time.

As for Rush - I'm interested in the music that people listen to on these systems. I imagine that they favour stuff that is well mastered / produced and therefore sounds good. Seems like as good a way as any to expand on my music collection.

Feb 7, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #897 of 1,024

tongue.gif

Fly by night sounds better than moving pictures to my ears. Probably the best sounding rock album from that period. I mean it ****s all over Zeppelin's records for sound quality. 

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #898 of 1,024
  Fly by night sounds better than moving pictures to my ears. Probably the best sounding rock album from that period. I mean it ****s all over Zeppelin's records for sound quality. 

That is so true. I am a H-U-G-E Zeppelin fan, but boy does their catalogue need a remaster...badly!

Rush started off as a Zep cover band. Here's a great diddy on a Canadian talk show (not too long ago):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upL9LJonoLg

Feb 9, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #900 of 1,024
I'm not sure if the Naim is the best match for the LCDS, I've heard there is some clipping (not quite powerful enough). The Naim works fantastic on a HD700/800 to my ears though. I own one, so I'm quite intimate with this piece as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back