HD700 a good upgrade from HD650 in terms of games?
Mar 18, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #16 of 18
HD700 has a lot of bass. Its treble profile depends on your system. On my system it leans towards warmer side.

If you are only are interested in games, i dont think you must get anything other than what you have. It really makes little difference.

If you want to use it for music as well then getting hd700 also makes sense depending on your preferences. On my amp burson soloist sl, it has big, encompassing bass that depending on recording can cover entire soundstage in a separate layer from mids.

Nice! Yeah im using HD650 for everything now. Music ALOT, some movies and games but mostly music. HD650 is really comfortable and i like it alot but since ive used it for many years now im considering HD700 if its a worthy upgrade. But from what you tell it is :) HD800 is just over my league right now, too costly :p

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #17 of 18
Next to HD650, the HD700 will give you improved sound separation, bigger soundstage and more focused imaging.
Flatter bass and more present treble. It has the technicalities for semi-pro / pro FPS in my view.

DT990 should do the trick for recreative gaming, it's punchy, vibrant and likely more fun than HD700.

Mar 20, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #18 of 18
Picked up HD700 yesterday and im super happy about them. At first i thought it seemed like HD650 without bass but i see now that the bass is alot more tight and its bass where it should be bass.
Especially vocals and guitars are really amazing. I had to swap between 650 and 700 to confirm the differences and i cant really explain it, but listening to one of my favourite songs on HD700 gave me goosebumps. It has so much detail. Its not that its missing in HD650, its just that smaller things are so more obvious on HD700s. Ive always thought HD650 was comfortable but HD700 are really really lightweight and fits perfectly over my ears. For gaming also it was that same feeling as music, the details of the game came through alot more. I suddenly noticed stuff like sparks in a fireplace, stuff that i never noticed before.

So yeah, expensive pair of set but im going to use it for many years. Thanks for the advices guy! Super happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back