HD650 purchase, by someone new to the scene
Mar 22, 2007 at 6:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

greenclaws

New Head-Fier
Hello, i'm an amateur musician and I really do love my music. I'm a strong believer in a decent setup to listen to decent music properly. Arcade Fire's Neon Bible and Radiohead's OK Computer sound pretty bland at work on their hifi system but amazing on my monitors and to some extent on my headphones. I've got myself a Focusrite Saffire recording setup (with some kind of headphone amp, but I don't know what) and I find that I always use my headphones, even when just listening to other people's music. I've got a pair of Sony MDR-V300s, yeah I know they're cheap, so I wanted to do something about it.

I've been looking at the Sennheiser HD595 at £90 ($170) and because people recommend it, the HD580 second hand at £90ish on ebay. I also saw the HD650 and coveted it but it's about £170+ and my budget is more like £90. So, just now I saw some 650s on Amazon UK refurbished from the Amazon subs. for £110 ($215) and bought them straight away. Now i'm worried that I made the wrong decision because of the 'refurbished'. Should I have just got the brand new HD595s?

Thanks for any advice you can give

Mar 22, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 5
Refurbished shouldn't make any difference at all. You got them at a bargain (like really bargain) price, and that's good
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 5
yeah, I have so far had good experiences with name brand refurbished items. Its always a good deal, usually comes with lesser warranty though.

I don't see headphones as one of those items that needs a replacement plan or warranty as such. If they work the first time around, they usually work for a long time to come unless u mess with them, in which case the warranty goes void anyway!

Mar 22, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 5
99.9% of the time these refurbished goods that you see are just something that someone ordered and then returned and you would be amazed that most times people haven't even opened the box before deciding that they don't want it and its going back.

You got a real bargain so enjoy them - I know I do every time I use mine
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back