HD650 compared to DT990?
Nov 5, 2005 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rpaul

100+ Head-Fier
I have the Beyer DT990 Pro's (250 ohm). Pretty happy with them right now, although I feel the only thing lacking is its midrange performance (happy with the bass and now the higher frequencies are smooth and detailed after couple week's burn-in).

I was wondering, how does the Senn HD650 (stock cables) compare in sound and headstage? If its sound signature is similar to the DT990 but "fuller" and more refined, I wouldn't mind snagging a pair.

(btw, using DAC -> Solid State amp)

Nov 5, 2005 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 2
blink.gif

(imo) owning both cans , I'd say that while dt990 are rahter "dark" yet very open sounding on stage , with punching and deep solid bass ( amp ! ) hd650 are more warm , less involving bass , just bit more "closed can feeling" , bit more textured all over ,and quite much more detailed (refined) , still bit more rolled off in the highs region .

I came quite disliking the hd650 in a time , I can't live happy with the warmness they expose in the low-midbass region ( it bothers me )

anyhow hd650 are more sensible to variations in the chain rig , and will sing quite much more refined on higher end gears , giving out very nice mids , while dt990 will quite always keep midfreq. bit back in the stage ( things that I quite like to tell the truth )

dt990 sound quite much more natural to my ears , less fatiguing , with lower end gears .

blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back