HD600 without veil!
May 23, 2005 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TURBO

1000+ Head-Fier
I got rid of my HD600 veil!. How?. I just downloaded this player: 1by1 , downloaded and installed Winamp, took all input plug-ins from Winamp and dropped them into this player folder. After that, hit the enhance button in settings, read the instructions to adjust it to your liking and enjoy the best mp3 player and your HD600 without veil!.

May 24, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi all

I have not had my 600's long, but they are fully burnt in and I fully enjoy the sound produce.

However this player, as usual, will come down to taste.
After playing and tweaking it for a hour, I think it does well with RnB, and hip hop tracks, but is dreadfull at reproducing dance music, i tried all sorts of combinations equalizer on and off, and various combinations of the setting in the Audio enhncer section, but couldn't find anything to suit my taste.

I'm guessing, but i think this player with the HD600 combination will be better suited to slower, rythmic music (is there anything else
confused.gif
), rather than the fasted paced, manic action of the dance music I listen too.
basshead.gif

If I only listened to RnB, it would be a good option, but im sticking with foobar
600smile.gif
for the time being.

Just my coppers worth

Craig

May 24, 2005 at 1:13 PM Post #3 of 6
After having Foobar for long time, I decided to quit Foobar. The reason behind it is that there is a perfect program for everything. You can’t have an all in one solution that meet all your needs in one program. For example: EAC is the best for ripping, DbpowerAmp for encoding, 1B1 as a player, etc, etc. I decided to go with the best in every field. I used to have Media Center, but it is full of bugs. In other words, is better to have the best program for each of your musical needs and not a mediocre program as a "all in one".

May 24, 2005 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TURBO
After having Foobar for long time, I decided to quit Foobar. The reason behind it is that there is a perfect program for everything. You can’t have an all in one solution that meet all your needs in one program. For example: EAC is the best for ripping, DbpowerAmp for encoding, 1B1 as a player, etc, etc. I decided to go with the best in every field. I used to have Media Center, but it is full of bugs. In other words, is better to have the best program for each of your musical needs and not a mediocre program as a "all in one".

You consider foobar to be a 'all in one' player? Foobar is the best media player, and it is definetly not considered to be a all in one package.

If you like another program, thats great, but most people do not like to play with progams like that, same reason a lot of ppl don't like to use EQs. It is not the original sound, if you dislike the veil in the 600s, buying a different headphone would be a better solution. Leave the source original.

May 24, 2005 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 6
I noticed that when running my vinyl setup through my HD25, HD600/650's have no veil either. Proper amplification and a good source are what will really do it.

May 24, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by S_Dedalus
Proper amplification and a good source are what will really do it.

Bingo, how true this statement can be. Using an AV-710 » crap cables » PPA, I too noticed this veil. Doing the nylon mod helped a bit, but the thing that really made the veil dissapear was the addition of the 0404 and Millet Hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back