HD600 or DT770 pro??
Sep 13, 2002 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Guyferd

1000+ Head-Fier
Ok... I'm basically stuck in my upgrade
Hd600 or dt770 pro

THings to take note:
-I will hook em to creek OBH-11.. so I want the best possible sound when combined when this amp.
-I like bass, but clearity is also very important. In this case I can't decide because beyer has v good bass while senn is quite neutral and v clear/revealing.
-I do gaming occasionally and so I need good positioning.. needed for like in CS
-For music... so I need a very unfatiquing headphone.. so I can wear them for a long time..

Ok
Thanx

Sep 13, 2002 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 11
If you are willing to spend for the HD600s, may I suggest the HD580s and a Cardas cable upgrade, or if you must, then a HD600/Cardas combo.

I use the above with a Supreme amp for music/dvd playback on my puter at late night/gaming in SOF2 and Jedi Knight 2 and Diablo 2 (coupled with WinAmp for mp3 playback)

Things go BOOM when they should, and for music with deep bass (like 20-35Hz, as in the Lord of the Rings soundtrack) I don't get excursion like my MegaWorks sub for some parts.

Sep 14, 2002 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 11
THe 770Pro is great for rock, electronica, gaming, even movies (when you can't play them loud). It's also pretty good for most music other than the genres I mention--quite musical. But to get the best results it needs an amp.

Sep 14, 2002 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 11
Have a listen to both, buy the one that sounds best to you
smily_headphones1.gif

I found the HD600s to be only as good as the equipment in the chain, of course this always applies to audio, but the HD600 tends to be good with a good amp, great with a great amp and amazing with an amazing amp. But if you want that amazing sound, be prepared to pay amazing prices.
What I've found with the 770pro is that it tends to be great with a good amp and really great with a great amp, but I probably wouldn't buy a $2000 headphone amp to match because you'd start reaching the limitations of the headphones, whereas the HD600s will keep increasing in quality with your amp.

That aside, I also prefer the 770pros for rock/industrial/electronica/trance/dance and harsher music, they just seem to be a more exciting headphone to me.

But that's just me
wink.gif

Go forth and listen!

Sep 14, 2002 at 4:46 AM Post #6 of 11
IS beyer dt770 good in vocal and pop music?
If yes, then I will take a plunge at the beyer coz it's my main concern now. I listen mainly pop..

Also, I think the creek wouldn't bring the hd600 to a very high level I guess...am i right?

smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2002 at 5:21 AM Post #7 of 11
Macdef: Yeah, almost always - I try to express how my views are 100% personal experience and opinion which means someone is bound to disagree
wink.gif

Guyfred: the 770pro is fine for vocal and pop, but.. in a different way to the HD600s you're comparing to.
Like I've said before - the 770pro rocks, as in - totally awesome for rockin' out, of course more mellow stuff sounds good too but when I listen to something more vocal oriented like say John Hiatt, I much prefer to do so with my DT531 because it has a more even response which suits the music.

In terms of the creek matching the HD600 - no, not very high levels. I had some time with the HD600s on my different amps and found them to be good, but compared to my other headphones they were nothing special. When paired with a good amp they really were special, but again - in a different way
smily_headphones1.gif

Just remember, there usually isn't a good/better/best, just different/different/different.

Sep 14, 2002 at 6:30 PM Post #8 of 11
Ok
I decide to go for beyer dt770pro and creek combo
Will it gives lots of improvement over my dt250/80 ?
I love the bass on dt770 pro and maybe I can compromise with slightly more closed in soundstage..

Can dt770 pro play jazz and some classical.. though it only contributes to 1-2 % to my listening taste, I do listen to classical and jazz at times when I get bored of my mp3s.....
smily_headphones1.gif

I suppose beyer isn't really suitable ?

Thanx

Sep 15, 2002 at 2:42 AM Post #9 of 11
Improvement is hard to judge, it's why I've kept the 250-80 and 770pro
smily_headphones1.gif

Jazz and classical are fine on the 770pro, but as I said - different. You might just have to get -another- pair of headphones later on down the track
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2002 at 4:04 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Snufkin
You might just have to get -another- pair of headphones later on down the track
biggrin.gif

Ya, down the road he'll probably end up with some Audio Technica woodies or something...

wink.gif

Sep 15, 2002 at 4:08 AM Post #11 of 11
hm... maybe.. but I think I wouldn't want to spend anymore( I have been continuously upgrading). 4 Months ago I had my my first headphone( senn eh2270 - sold to my friend). and then i got the beyer dt250-80 till now. Planning to get dt770 for my upgrade and will stay with me for a long time( i hope!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back