HD600 + Headmaster = good combo?
Oct 3, 2001 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

mcbiff

100+ Head-Fier
After a bit of considering I've decided to sell my Grados (SR325), they're just too similar to my CD3000s to have around. It's not that they sound the same, they don't, but they both have the same type of sound. Fast and furious if you will. Now I'm looking to broaden my horizons and get a pair of more laid back phones suitable for slower music. My first thought was HD600, but since people say the 600s prefer tubes I was wondering if they would match up nicely with the Sugden Headmaster I recently purchased. If not I'll keep looking, maybe some AKGs would do nicely...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 16
Mcbiff,

Jude uses the HD600 with his Max. He claims it works fine and the Max is definitely characteristic of solid state gear.

I've never tried the HD 600 with a Headmaster so i'm not really in a position to comment but I'd chance a guess and say it works fine.

Oct 3, 2001 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 16
Mcbiff,

MacDEF uses the HD600 with his Max. He claims it works fine and the Max is definitely characteristic of solid state gear.

I've never tried the HD 600 with a Headmaster so i'm not really in a position to comment but I'd chance a guess and say it works fine.

biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 16
Mcbiff,

dhwilkin (that's me) uses the HD580 with his Max. He claims it works fine and the Max is definitely characteristic of solid state gear.

tongue.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 16
Mcbiff,

chych (that's me) uses the HD600 with his Blockhead. He claims it works fine and the Blockhead is definitely characteristic of solid state gear.

I've never tried the HD 600 with a Blockhead (forget the headmaster) so I guess I am really dreaming and not really in a position to comment but I'd chance a guess and say it works fine.

biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 9:14 PM Post #10 of 16
MacDEF: chych and I are great buddies.....if he EVER had a blockhead, trust me - he'd be dead......
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2001 at 10:25 PM Post #11 of 16
Chych claims to use the HD600 with his Blockhead. He claims he's still alive and his head is still in a solid state.

I've never tried the HD 600 with a Blockhead so I guess I'm going to have to goto Chych's place with Coolvij

Oct 3, 2001 at 10:46 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by chych

I've never tried the HD 600 with a Blockhead (forget the headmaster) so I guess I am really dreaming

read guys, read

biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2001 at 12:53 AM Post #14 of 16
How do you know I am lying? Or, I am lying right now. I can be lying right now because I didn't say what I just did say. I lied! I am lying that I own a blockhead, but as I said before, I am lying of what I just said. So if I am lying of listening to HD600s on a Blockhead, I must have lied because I was lying in the first place.

So the ultimate question is...

When am I going to get a free Blockhead?

biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2001 at 1:13 AM Post #15 of 16
I don't get it, why isn't anyone recommending AKGs? Both the K-401 and the 501 are open, they're comfy, and they DO sound good, which means it fits all his criterias, is there something about AKG that I don't know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back