HD600 blown driver?
Sep 25, 2011 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Jonasklam

500+ Head-Fier

Hi guys,

So after weeks without any use, suddenly my HD600 left side have stopped working.
I switched the cable with another to see that was the problem, same result. I swapped the L and R side, still only right side of my HD600 plays any sound.
I also unplugged any equipment, and ran them directly out of my MacBook and iPhone, still only right side works.

Now, what can i do?
They are out of warranty...

I'm in EU btw.
Hope some1 here can help me out! :D

Oct 8, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #3 of 12
Sounds like you ran all the right tests. It may be a dead driver. Better contact Sennheiser. How old are they? Two year warranty, I believe.

Oct 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #5 of 12
Seems like it's just an issue of replacement, swapping out one driver for a new one. Maybe somebody here knows where to source spare drivers?

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #11 of 12

Quote:

Yea but how hard it is to put in a new driver?
Cus i'm not really a DIYer :p

The drivers just pop out and snap into place. They are very easy to replace. No skill needed whatsoever. That said, I have a bad driver in mine too and need a replacement. I've been holding off but I think the time is right to finally get them fixed.

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
The drivers just pop out and snap into place. They are very easy to replace. No skill needed whatsoever. That said, I have a bad driver in mine too and need a replacement. I've been holding off but I think the time is right to finally get them fixed.

Cool, soo.. you have a broken yourself you say :p, would you like to sell yours?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back