HD595+Ipod 4th gen 20G= Bass distortion help....
Mar 10, 2006 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

dbintoro

Head-Fier
Hi guys, I am currently using Sennheiser HD595 with my ipod but i learn that the high bass music couse distortion when hearing with the HD595. When I use my Headphone from my computer( Audigy 2 ZS sound blaster) there is no distortion at all. The sound is clear and the bass is excellent. What shall i do? I still want to use my headphone from Mp3 players. Will it help by using an amp? Or shall I change my mp3 player?

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #3 of 13
There's no or very little distortion even when I set my EQ as bass booster in my computer. Yes however there's lots of distortion when i use my ipod. When the EQ of my ipod is off, there is no distortion but i don't feel any bass at all. The sound become sharp and it becomes boring like
frown.gif

Perhaps using an amp with my ipod will help, or shall i change mp3 player or do you think other mp3 players will have the same result?

Mar 10, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbintoro
There's no or very little distortion even when I set my EQ as bass booster in my computer. Yes however there's lots of distortion when i use my ipod. When the EQ of my ipod is off, there is no distortion but i don't feel any bass at all. The sound become sharp and it becomes boring like
frown.gif

Perhaps using an amp with my ipod will help, or shall i change mp3 player or do you think other mp3 players will have the same result?

EQ on the ipod is a crap...it doesn't work on it's headphone jack, everything gets distorted...and each settings has it's own degree of distortion. The EQ, however, do work on its lineout.

ipod's headout bass roll-off + 5x5's dead flat bass = no bass. amp ur ipod, or use something else with it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #6 of 13
I never say HD595 is in fault. I luv it so damn much and have no regrets buying it. The ipod suks its eq and everything.. not qualified to play with audiophile headphone... i have ordered the PA2V2amp and i hope it helps. And im considering whether i should change my mp3 player.. any suggestion?

Mar 10, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

I never say HD595 is in fault. I luv it so damn much and have no regrets buying it. The ipod suks its eq and everything.. not qualified to play with audiophile headphone... i have ordered the PA2V2amp and i hope it helps. And im considering whether i should change my mp3 player.. any suggestion?

iRiver, iAudio X5, and the Creative video one that's out right now all come to mind as good alternatives. Which one is better? No idea, I'm still happy with my iPod
580smile.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #8 of 13
Im considering Ipod 5th generation, but i wanna know whether there's improvement in the EQ system. Is your ipod the 5th generation? If so is there distortion when u set to bass booster?

Mar 10, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Im considering Ipod 5th generation, but i wanna know whether there's improvement in the EQ system. Is your ipod the 5th generation? If so is there distortion when u set to bass booster?

Yes and yes
mad.gif
I just use treble reducer (+ a small bump in volume) for some headphones and the rest are un-EQ'd.

Mar 10, 2006 at 9:36 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

EQ on the ipod is a crap...it doesn't work on it's headphone jack, everything gets distorted...and each settings has it's own degree of distortion. The EQ, however, do work on its lineout.

The Eq seems to work but you'll have to use the line out of the ipod.

To use the line out of the ipod you should get a sik din ram or a turbodock

Mar 10, 2006 at 12:46 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeerkaas

I agree. Line-out+amp is the way forward.

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

that's what I said in the last sentence in that post.

Mar 10, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Where do i get a sik din ram or turbodock.. i dont understand what is line out either
frown.gif

im so noob... sry guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back