HD555's stopped working...
May 25, 2005 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

slick

100+ Head-Fier
one side at least. i dont think its in the cable, its not kinked or anything and moving it around doesnt do anything.
i dont know if repairing it is feasable or not, but i would want something even if they can be repaired.
i dont really have a budget, i wasnt expecting this to happen. considering i use a headsave new classic, what would be a good choice.
like i said, i dont really have a budget, i have $3k that i saved up for a trip to toronto i am taking in july, the money will come from that, but lets me reasonable. i was using the HD555's for a while, and i liked them, whats better, and acceptable price wise, dont want a downgrade but dont really want $1000 cans if you know what i mean
smily_headphones1.gif

HD595? Grado SR325?

mainly listen to music when i am sitting on my computer, but sometimes i game with the headphones, i dont have speakers on my computer.

May 25, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 9
If you like the comfort and sound of the 555, the 595 is all you need. Better sound and same comfort.

The 325i is indeed very nice, but they felt very uncomfortable to me (bowl pads, brand new out of the box).

May 25, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philco
If you like the comfort and sound of the 555, the 595 is all you need. Better sound and same comfort.

The 325i is indeed very nice, but they felt very uncomfortable to me (bowl pads, brand new out of the box).

and the HD595 should work well with my classic right? thats the only real concern. i'm not good with recognizing whats good with what, thats why i have this forum
smily_headphones1.gif

i think i will just do that.
i am going to toronto, and i know that there is some place there that will let me demo grado's, i might have a listen and get a feel for them. i always wanted grado's, but i get mixed results when i ask about them. i surely cant spend $3k on a single trip by myself
wink.gif

thanks for the help.

May 25, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 9
Well, how about getting another pair of HD555 AND the 325?

You dont have to spend more than 350$ for the two.

May 25, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #5 of 9
Hey if they are still under warranty then just send them back to Sennheiser for repair/replacement.

I had cable problems with my HD555 refurb., created a repair request on their website, and sent them off.

Called them to see if they received my headphones, which they did, and they told me that they are replacing them with brand new ones!!!!! Hooot, Hooot.

Since my HD555's are still under warranty, all I had to pay was the initial shipping cost and that's it!!!!!!!!

But here's the bad news, the HD555's are on back order so I won't get them
for a few weeks....
frown.gif

Fabulous customer service!!!!!!

May 25, 2005 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 9
thats what i was fearing, having to wait a long time for the HD555's to come back from repair.
i think i will go ahead and send them off for repair, and buy a set of HD595's.
hopefully i get the HD555's back before i go to toronto, i will give them to a friend of mine there. while in toronto, i hope to audition some grado's, some place called bay bloor radio is supposed to be a dealer. if there prices are good, i will buy them there, or order online.
thanks for the help.

May 25, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 9
The HD595 should do very well with your Classic. I know it does with mine (AD8620/10 opamps).

Love love love these cans.

May 25, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by slick
i think i will go ahead and send them off for repair, and buy a set of HD595's.

Hail to the HD595 !

May 25, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #9 of 9
I like Grados a lot, but I would stay away from the 325s (or 325i). I found them to be too bright to the point of being uncomfortable. In contrasts, the MS-2s (MS-2i) were well balanced and retain what I liked about the 325s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back