HD555 Now $75 Free Shipping
Sep 28, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #151 of 241

Quote:
Agh... I don't need these at all, but I've been so curious about how HD595s sound. If I had an audio store it would save me sooo much money...

anyone know if I could flip this at cost in, say, a month down the road?
cool.gif

They are around $108 at amazon, and I haven't seen them cheaper anywhere else. I would think you could get away with $75 used, once the sale is over. Then again, I'm betting they'll drop quite a bit in price when the new models (hd558, hd598) finally come out.

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:45 AM Post #152 of 241

Quote:
I think I am cancelling my order. I don't wish to do business with such an e-tailor. I got online to cancel my order and apparently they can only cancel during the daytime?

I have no idea about the policy of whether or not you can cancel the order only during the daytime.  I wish you all the best in resolving your dilemma.  Good luck.

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #154 of 241

Quote:
Just upgraded my headphone from HD555 to HD650 and even though 650 is better than 555's it really showed me what an excellent can 555's were. It truly is a bargain.

plus they dont need a huge amp/dac like the 650 needs to run them.  it really makes me wonder why people have to get all that.

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #155 of 241
For those worried about their shipment.  I used Amazon for payment and was able to track my package.  It has arrived in state so I would say don't freak out.  Expo's site is horrid for tracking anything.  

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #156 of 241
I ordered mine last night and got a conformation for EE today.  So far it seems like an ok purchase.  No tracking number yet but it says it will be shipped ups ground so we will see. `

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #157 of 241
the company is in new jersey so if you live close to that, you should get it in a few days.  i just modded a pair for someone who lives in CA and i got it like 2 days after he ordered it.  sending it back today it shipped out, so Matthew if your here it's shipped out and you should get it soon!

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #158 of 241
My transaction with expo went smoothly. I didn't get the tracking code until the day before the package came. lol pretty fast shipping though.

If you're in doubt, just call them. I called them twice regarding my order just to check in and see if everything's alright.

Sep 28, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #161 of 241

Quote:
jschristian44, I'll probably send mine to you for modding once my warranty expires. lol

what's that like 5 years lol.  i wouldn't worry about the warranty too much.  i bent the 1/8" plug adapter when i pulled the headphones out of the computer and they sent me a free replacement all paid for shipping and everything.  sennheiser is a very good company and i doubt you will have any trouble with the headphones.  just send them to me for modding now, you will be glad you did once they are burned in.  i can make them any way you want, detachable cables, etc.  i learned a lot through the modding of 2 of these so far and im pretty sure i have it down pat for any mods they might need.  i do it for very cheap to, i only ask for like 5-10 dollars plus shipping and supplies.  so its like 40 dollars plus the shipping costs to me.  pm me if you or anyone else is interested.

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #162 of 241
Just received mine. Haven't even listened yet but I wanted to see if anyone else was peeved with the packaging. Mine had no peanuts, no air pillows, just the Senn box in another box about 2" too tall. Maybe they have no clue these are audiophile headphones and need decent care.

As mentioned here already, I also didn't receive the expo shipping confirmation email until AFTER i received them. For future reference, though, the tracking number was hidden in the amazon shipping confirmation, which I did receive quickly.

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #163 of 241
I received mine in a box that was about two inches too tall but there was a bit of crumpled up paper to serve as a buffer to keep the headphones from moving around too much.

Sep 28, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #164 of 241
No such paper in mine. Receipt said "Inspected by #7"

Anyway, FWIW, out of the box my fairly well burned in open-back Philips SHP895's sound better. Bass goes lower, mids are better, highs are smoother. I haven't opened them up and done the felt mod yet though, so I'm hoping this mod, combined with extensive burn-in wakes them up.

Sep 28, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #165 of 241
I got my shipping confirmation the same day I received my headphones lol.

Anyways, they sound very, very nice. Super clear, very balanced, but the bass and overall presentation is a bit too lacking for me. They are great for most listening, but for the games I play and the music I listen to, the sound isn't full or bassy enough. I know $75, or even the full retail price of $125, isn't that much for a good set of headphones, but I didn't buy these planning to have to mod them to get the full potential out of them. Looks like I'm going back to my JVC HA-RX900's and my amp. These are going back in the box for a return.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back