HD414 Pads + Porta Pro
May 26, 2006 at 7:03 AM Post #17 of 23
I wear my PP out all the time, I dont think this mod is for me...

May 26, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
Light blue cable sleeving, nice!

Actually it is light blue teflon insulated, silver coated copper wire, litz braided with 'carbon' PET sleeving. I recabled them before I ended up selling them.

portaPro_sm.jpg

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129714

Jun 22, 2006 at 2:23 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdtolic
Ok, How did you guys trim these cushions so evenly? I've done up my PortaPro's with them but they're just too big for me. So I tried to cut them down, but it looks like a total hack job. Not smooth at all. What's the trick?

Gotta be careful and use sharp scissors. You cut the hole on the thin foam side a little smaller than the hole on the stock pads, because it will stretch to fit.

Jun 22, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #21 of 23
I had no problem cutting the inside hole actually. I was trying to reduce the diameter of the cushion; take some off the edges. I sometimes use them when I'm out and about, but the pads are just so yellow & big it makes the phones so conspicuous. So I've been trying to trim the outer edges. Although, I've since reversed the pads and that helps. There's more foam on your ear side and they aren't pushing out against the frame. I've tried to add a poor quality camera phone pic here. It might not be good enough to see how rough the pads turned out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back