HD3 Question...
Mar 27, 2006 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cjattwood

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all, My Sony NW-HD3 is in for repair to Sony at the current moment. The problem? A loose headphone socket connection, resulting in random cutouts of the left/right sound. Basically, I take excellent care of all my stuff so I pretty much know this wasn't really my fault. I'm pretty sure I know what has caused this, and it's that the headphone socket on the HD3 is on the side of the player, instead of the traditional top of the player. This basically means that when it's in my pocket the headphone cord has to bend first to get out of the pocket, whereas normally it would just go straight out. So I'm wondering, when I get my player back, should I keep on using it? It's a nice little player, it's served me well otherwise, but it seems this is going to happen again sooner or later, based on the design of the player. So what should I do? keep it and wait for the inevitable, or sell it and get a new player?

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 3
I've been using my HD3 for over a year now and only at the beginning when I had to send it in for that recall Sony had on certain serial number ranges, it has been absolutely rock solid ever since. Even dropped it a few times and still works fine. I've even managed to damage one of the connecting wires whilst snooping around inside, fixed it and still works perfectly
tongue.gif

I've never had trouble with the headphone socket, so the only reason I can see in changing is if you're looking a new toy to play with. That's why i just got a D-ne920
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the response, I do like the HD3 a lot so I'll most likely keep it. Now I just need to get it back, which apparently will still take about a week
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back