Hd25/hd25 Sp/er6
Nov 6, 2002 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gene-pool

New Head-Fier
I've decided to get new headphones for my pcdp. Which of the ones I listed would you suggest? Consider the following

•Sound Isolation (for NYC trains)
•Sound Quality
•Price (HD25 ~$140 HD25 SP ~$75 ER6 ~$120)

Thanks
-Gene

Nov 6, 2002 at 11:55 PM Post #2 of 10
I use HD25 on the train. Decent isolation with reasonable sound quality. But it's not very comfortable, so I hope you don't have a very long train ride.

Btw, $140 for a new HD25 is a very good price, I paid quite a bit more than that.

Nov 7, 2002 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by gene-pool
etronics.com has them for $139 and you can price match at many stores if you don't trust them (although I've heard that they are reliable.)

-Gene

Well, thanks, I wish I'd known about it, but on the other hand, I bought it a long time ago, so price may have come down since. I think $140 is a pretty good value for HD25.

Nov 8, 2002 at 2:50 AM Post #5 of 10
I dont doubt that that's a good price but I don't think I need incredible sound quality for the train. Isolation is quite important however...

More opinions on this are apperciated.

-Gene

Nov 8, 2002 at 3:53 AM Post #6 of 10
Don't worry, you won't incredible sound quality out of HD25.
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 10
Unamped, I would try the Beyer DT250-80's, or amped the DT770-250. Great sound and great isolation(but not "can't hear yourself" like the ety's are supposed to be).

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:00 AM Post #9 of 10
Seriously, HD25 is the a very good choice for portable use in a noisy environment. I tried and hated ear-bud, so I wouldn't consider Etymotic, but if you don't mind, then it could be a good alternative.

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #10 of 10
I know this is a very old thread but I cannot start a new thread being a new member. I just bought some HD25s and I find the leakage is terrible, I can be stood at the other end of a room and still hear music when someone else is wearing them. I want to use them in public so this is a game changer for me. The only way to prevent it I have found so far is to turn down the volume to a level so low it can hardly be heard while wearing them. Has anyone experienced this? Or know how to correct it? I read a lot before buying them and everyone told me they were great for isolation and lack of leakage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back