hd25-1 impressions thread
Feb 14, 2011 at 2:47 AM Post #1,126 of 3,348
I found it in google search, dont think thats mine. most extreme ill go with these is yellow velour pads and bandpad, a la HD414

hd25%20yellow.jpg

Feb 14, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #1,127 of 3,348
I didn't know it was possible to make headphones that ugly...

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:10 PM Post #1,128 of 3,348
Proof that the HD25 are vey though..

Went into a moshpit with them around my neck,
They survived,.

I barely did

tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #1,129 of 3,348
Easy this one

"they make Music fun"

sure could be better but at this price its a no brainer hs25-1 ii pro every time

if a cable change can improve these aready good cans im on to it

cheers

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #1,130 of 3,348
I love these headphones, but I'm considering making the move to the B&W P5s.

I think the reason being is that I'm using my IEMs more than anything lately (that and it's starting to warm up outside).

Anyone else coming from one or have gone to the other?

Feb 23, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #1,131 of 3,348

Quote:
I love these headphones, but I'm considering making the move to the B&W P5s.

I think the reason being is that I'm using my IEMs more than anything lately (that and it's starting to warm up outside).

Anyone else coming from one or have gone to the other?

have you read Joker's fashion comparison and shootout of 69 headphones compared? 

Feb 24, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #1,132 of 3,348
How does the HD25-1 isolate compared to HD25SP? The pads are the same as far as I know. I found the HD25SP isolation good, but I can't say it's excellent coming from Westone 2 IEM using bi flange tips. I can hear the low frequency bus rumble in transit very easily, with the Westone 2 it's very quiet.

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #1,133 of 3,348

Quote:
How does the HD25-1 isolate compared to HD25SP? The pads are the same as far as I know. I found the HD25SP isolation good, but I can't say it's excellent coming from Westone 2 IEM using bi flange tips. I can hear the low frequency bus rumble in transit very easily, with the Westone 2 it's very quiet.

I'd say about the same as the SP, though you can adjust the tension of the headband so maybe even slightly more. unfortunately, no earpad phone can compare in isolation to IEM's, especially the westones with their housing shape and especially with biflanges

Mar 6, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #1,135 of 3,348
I asked this this over at the TMA-1 topic but I thought I would ask the same here so I could balance out both sides.

I'm currently looking for a $200 pair of closed headphones and I value quality.  I mostly listen to hip hop and some pop and I value a nice punchy bass and detail.  From what I've read in various topics the HD25-1s are brighter which many people say gives it a step up in clarity vs. the TMA-1s which have a darker sound signature.  Which headphone would you guys recommend for hip hop?  I really like being able to hear subtle details in music that i've never heard before but I also like a punchy bass because it keeps the music lively and exciting.  Is there anyone here who owns both who can give me a recommendation?  I currently have sr60s which I understand are somewhat similar to the HD25-1s in sound signature but I'm not sure if that means I should get something similar or try to get something else as a change of pace. 
blink.gif

Thanks so much for your time, I would really appreciate your opinions!

Mar 6, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #1,137 of 3,348
For Rap/Hip-Hop, the Sennheiser HD 25 really do work a treat. They're flat sounding (sonically balanced) headphones with great clarity and PRaT, and are quite robust in their construction. All parts are user-replaceable, too, which is great for upgrades. Perhaps one of their only caveats is their relatively narrow soundstage. But all things considered, I really recommend them to and suggest you listen to a pair if you haven't already. There was a demo pair in the Glasgow Apple store last time I checked, and FYI, the HD 25-1 and the HD 25-1 II are virtually identical.

I've also heard that the Audio Technica M-50 are great headphones that do bass really well.

Mar 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #1,138 of 3,348

Quote:
I asked this this over at the TMA-1 topic but I thought I would ask the same here so I could balance out both sides.

I'm currently looking for a $200 pair of closed headphones and I value quality.  I mostly listen to hip hop and some pop and I value a nice punchy bass and detail.  From what I've read in various topics the HD25-1s are brighter which many people say gives it a step up in clarity vs. the TMA-1s which have a darker sound signature.  Which headphone would you guys recommend for hip hop?  I really like being able to hear subtle details in music that i've never heard before but I also like a punchy bass because it keeps the music lively and exciting.  Is there anyone here who owns both who can give me a recommendation?  I currently have sr60s which I understand are somewhat similar to the HD25-1s in sound signature but I'm not sure if that means I should get something similar or try to get something else as a change of pace. 
blink.gif

Thanks so much for your time, I would really appreciate your opinions!

I think for portable headphones, the HD25s perform great for hip hop, but are you looking for portables?  If so, the HD25s won't disappoint. It has tight bass (really nice fast attack) and I think those reports of it being bright are a bit exaggerated, especially if you're coming from a set of Grados.

Also, I've never listened to the TMA-1s and you might have a hard time finding someone who's listened to both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back