hd25-1 impressions thread
Dec 14, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #1,081 of 3,348

No, I got them used (half price, yay) from a guy who does DJing, so the left earcup got moved around a bit and is a little wonky, nothing too bad, really. Don't know about the special edition, though. Might be for pro use only. They did come with velour earpads, unused btw, and a 6.3 mm adapter.

I'm still listening with these on and am amazed how well they do metal. Makes me think my other cans had me going soft. From now on it's Meshuggah and Gojira 24/7 :D

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #1,082 of 3,348
Are you sure they are HD 25-1 IIs and not HD 25-SP IIs? Anyway, I'm glad you like them. 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
No, I got them used (half price, yay) from a guy who does DJing, so the left earcup got moved around a bit and is a little wonky, nothing too bad, really. Don't know about the special edition, though. Might be for pro use only. They did come with velour earpads, unused btw, and a 6.3 mm adapter.

I'm still listening with these on and am amazed how well they do metal. Makes me think my other cans had me going soft. From now on it's Meshuggah and Gojira 24/7 :D

Dec 14, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #1,084 of 3,348
Good, just that my HD 25-SP IIs have a 2m long cable with a straight jack and the earcups do swivel around. 
wink_face.gif

I do love the punchy bass of the HD 25-1 IIs.

Quote:
Lol. Don't worry, I'm 100% sure. Says so on the left earcup :p I've come across this particular version somewhere on the web, actually.

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #1,087 of 3,348
So, just came home from a walk outside, it's about 10 degrees (F, I've converted for you US types) and I'm wondering if this cold could have any effect on the HD25s? They are my most expensive can, I bought them for using everywhere, but the cold made me wonder if they are up to the task. Any of you head-fiers using them in brutal conditions?

Dec 18, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #1,088 of 3,348
I just got back home from a walk in the snow during which in used my HD25-I's straight from my iPod. My HD25-I's really hit the spot for me (especially when I'm out and about) and allow music to be clearly heard and felt. The HD25-I's are great headphones! 
smile_phones.gif

P.S. A 'Sennheiser Smiley' option could be a wonderful, fun addition for these forums. Who do I speak with about that?

Dec 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #1,090 of 3,348
I love my 25's, I changed the cable to the HD580 or 600 cable can't remember (the one terminated with the mini). I had them since the summer and just recently have begun to like them. The sound is less forward and darker than my Grado's but it's a nice change. 

Dec 18, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #1,091 of 3,348

Quote:
I love my 25's, I changed the cable to the HD580 or 600 cable can't remember (the one terminated with the mini). I had them since the summer and just recently have begun to like them. The sound is less forward and darker than my Grado's but it's a nice change. 

I recall comparing my HD25 to 325i(when I owned them). The 325i had more mids detail, no question. The HD 25 was brighter in a more sibilant way but more forgiving overall. For me, the HD25 was more fitting with a wider range of music.

Dec 20, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #1,092 of 3,348
Just want to add another post of praise for the HD25s. Awesome cans for rock and metal, they really throw the music at you. I've never heard things more clearly and precisely than with these on; I love the really great attack and quickness, together with a frequency response that is exactly how I want it to be. They can be harsh in the highs, but most times it's the recording's fault.

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #1,093 of 3,348
My HD25-I's are really, really enjoyable. For sheer visceral pleasure and clear presentation, they're such awesome value performers, especially on-the-go.

Jan 6, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #1,094 of 3,348
I got my HD25-1 a few days ago and I love them so far. Perfect combination of sound, portability and isolation. Here is a little size comparison between the 3 closed cans I own: Beyerdynamic DT150, Sennheiser HD25-1 II and Sennheiser PX200-II.

Jan 6, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #1,095 of 3,348
I'm looking for a new source for my HD25-I, currently have an ipod touch 2g but i'm not happy with the SQ and the amp could certainly do with more power. The touch is great for wifi, apps and movies so I'm looking for an audio only source.

Sansa clip+ looks promising, especially since i discovered there is a rockbox build for it. Does anyone have experience with the Clip+ and the HD25-I? What are your impressions?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back