hd25-1 impressions thread
May 17, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #2,806 of 3,348
 I waited nearly a month for my Yaxi earpads, and it was definitely worth it. However now they sit on my JVC S500s as my HD25 cable is broken. 
rolleyes.gif

May 18, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #2,807 of 3,348
Hello people...
I've had this phones for like 3 years now. Reading the thread i realised that most of your cans still have clamping force. Mine clearly dont. I thought it was normal till i came here.
So, is there any way to fix that? I beleive they isolate a little bit less now.
I think i have the mk1 version.

May 18, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #2,808 of 3,348
  Hello people...
I've had this phones for like 3 years now. Reading the thread i realised that most of your cans still have clamping force. Mine clearly dont. I thought it was normal till i came here.
So, is there any way to fix that? I beleive they isolate a little bit less now.
I think i have the mk1 version.

Maybe your ear pads have compressed?  Maybe time for new thicker pads?  Those from Yaxi look very tempting...

May 18, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #2,809 of 3,348
Just repurchased a hd25-1 ii basic edition. :)
Been missing them since i sold them half a year ago....

Paid 99 euros for a like new pair on amazon... Good deal or should have waited for a the 2015 hd25 to arrive to amazon qnd pay 50 extra for a new pair?

Thomann and a few other stores already have the 2016 hd25 for a while now, but on european amazon it is still not for sale (well, it is, but not sold directly by amazon...)....

May 18, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #2,810 of 3,348
Just repurchased a hd25-1 ii basic edition.
smily_headphones1.gif

Been missing them since i sold them half a year ago....

Paid 99 euros for a like new pair on amazon... Good deal or should have waited for a the 2015 hd25 to arrive to amazon qnd pay 50 extra for a new pair?

Thomann and a few other stores already have the 2016 hd25 for a while now, but on european amazon it is still not for sale (well, it is, but not sold directly by amazon...)....

The 2015 version is nothing more than a facelift, I don't think it's worth a 50EUR extra over the classic one. You got a good deal! (well, buying a HD 25 is almost always a good deal, right?)

I'll miss the HD 25-II's "Made In Ireland" markings on the headband though. With the updated logos and markings the HD 25 looks less "professional" imho.

May 18, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #2,811 of 3,348
The 2015 version is nothing more than a facelift, I don't think it's worth a 50EUR extra over the classic one. You got a good deal! (well, buying a HD 25 is almost always a good deal, right?)

I'll miss the HD 25-II's "Made In Ireland" markings on the headband though. With the updated logos and markings the HD 25 looks less "professional" imho.

My thoughts exactly.... The new markings seem to be silver like on the amperiors and alu and i also prefer the lettering in white. The be does not have the made in ireland (dont know senn removed that) but at least i prefer the sennheiser logo on both headbands rather than having one saying the ohmage and model of the headphones.....

Anyone tried the ew clicking mechanism on the sliders?

May 18, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #2,812 of 3,348
Stick with the classic especially if it has 'Made in Ireland' on the headband (not sure if the Basic Edition has this)

May 18, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #2,814 of 3,348
Gents, has anyone recently purchased a custom cable? If so any suggestions?

http://www.oyaide.com/ENGLISH/AUDIO/products_category/headphone_earphone_cbl/hpc-hd25.html

I got this one in black and it's awesome. Much more flexible, sleeker and shorter to suit my needs with the HD25 in the gym or when commute. Love it. Mind you, there's no difference to my ears compared to the stock cable...

May 19, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #2,816 of 3,348
Do you think it will be a collectors item? :)

Er no

They are so common place being used throughout the world for the past 30 years.They are just a tool really for broadcasting and other industries that happens by design to sound great for music pleasure.

Maybe in a hundred years time when I predict there will still be working examples of HD25s around.

EDIT along with its eventual successor the HD26.

May 19, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #2,817 of 3,348
Er no

They are so common place being used throughout the world for the past 30 years.They are just a tool really for broadcasting and other industries that happens by design to sound great for music pleasure.

Maybe in a hundred years time when I predict there will still be working examples of HD25s around.

EDIT along with its eventual successor the HD26.

The HD 26 has been around for quite a bit now but it's not a replacement for the HD 25s. 

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/broadcasting-headphones-studio-recording-stage-hd-26-pro

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 19, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #2,818 of 3,348
No as I said maybe 'eventual successor'?!? In the professional market. I'm quite aware it doesn't replace the 25 now

It's a brand new generation which might outlast and replace the HD25 in the decades to come. (Or that could be the HD27,28,29,30......)

All total speculation on my part, sorry.

No-one has a crystal ball:wink:

(might add the HME26 has already replaced the HME25 in the aviation industry)

May 19, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #2,819 of 3,348
Current HD25's successor will probably be HD25-1-III or HD25-1-IV or something long before there's an HD27 or so to take its spot.

May 19, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #2,820 of 3,348
  Current HD25's successor will probably be HD25-1-III or HD25-1-IV or something long before there's an HD27 or so to take its spot.

I actually hope you are right. Dont get me wrong I want the HD25 stay in production for ever 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back