hd25-1 impressions thread
May 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #1,891 of 3,253

yhong26

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 29, 2010
Posts
122
Likes
10
Just bought my first "real" headphones three days ago, and I opted for the HD-25s based on many hours digging through the forums here on head-fi. I don't possess the many years of experience as most of the posters here, but I will say that these cans are blowing my mind. I had no idea things could sound this good! I'm sure there are better headphones out there, but for someone splitting time between studio monitoring and music-listening on-the-go, I'm beyond impressed. Durability, portability, sound quality, and price were all factors, and I feel like I made a great decision. So, other newbies out there reading this, you will be amazed. 

Thanks to all the kind people out here who take the time to assist the uninitiated. I am loving music in ways today that simply weren't possible three days ago. :gs1000smile:

Cheers!


New comer, welcomed to HD 25 world~hope more people can give more their experience of HD 25:).
 
May 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #1,892 of 3,253

Thing Fish

Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Posts
99
Likes
13
Quote:
Just bought my first "real" headphones three days ago, and I opted for the HD-25s based on many hours digging through the forums here on head-fi. I don't possess the many years of experience as most of the posters here, but I will say that these cans are blowing my mind. I had no idea things could sound this good! I'm sure there are better headphones out there, but for someone splitting time between studio monitoring and music-listening on-the-go, I'm beyond impressed. Durability, portability, sound quality, and price were all factors, and I feel like I made a great decision. So, other newbies out there reading this, you will be amazed. 
 
Thanks to all the kind people out here who take the time to assist the uninitiated. I am loving music in ways today that simply weren't possible three days ago. 
gs1000.gif

 
Cheers!


That's exactly how I felt and indeed still do many months of happy listening later. Best decision I ever made buying the HD 25's...!
 
May 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #1,893 of 3,253

slwiser

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 23, 2001
Posts
6,317
Likes
24
Quote:
That's exactly how I felt and indeed still do many months of happy listening later. Best decision I ever made buying the HD 25's...!


Great place to start in this hobby....
 
May 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #1,894 of 3,253

Thing Fish

Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Posts
99
Likes
13
Quote:
Great place to start in this hobby....


Great place to finish as well. I've been a headphone listener for many years and the Senn's  are the most enjoyable on the go headphone i've listened to. I'm not intending to change them anytime soon. (can't stand iem's in my ears)
 
May 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #1,895 of 3,253

davidcotton

X-CANs and HDAMs
Joined
Jun 23, 2001
Posts
7,701
Likes
2,190
I'm using them a lot more than I thought I would.  For a work environment they are great.  Much easier to put on and take off than iems, with music playing not bad isolation either.  Had thought to get myself a decent set of iems to tide me over whilst I wait for my customs to come back from a refit.  Now I think I'll just use these and save some cash for a change!
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #1,896 of 3,253

Toniblade

New Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 10, 2011
Posts
18
Likes
10
Hi! I have a little problem with my HD 25s. They are about 9 months old and they are now already pretty loose. So loose that when I watch down I need to hold them still so they wouldn't fall. They have like 10 centimeters between drivers when not used for a while and like 15 cents after listening. Is there any way to tighten them a little or am I stuck like this? I thought these were supposed to be tight headphones and from the pictures it looks like that, I just have that enormous gap between the drivers so no clamping...
 
Jun 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #1,897 of 3,253

Mad Max

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Posts
7,556
Likes
344
Location
USA
They certainly loosen with frequent use, then they have no grip on your head at all.  Try using them less often, that worked out for me.  I got an HD448 to alternate with.
 
They say that the V-Moda M80/V80 is a good complement to HD25. 
evil_smiley.gif

 
Jun 9, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #1,898 of 3,253

Xinn3r

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Posts
401
Likes
17
My HD25-I II came with an I-Plug, is it possible that some countries get the I-Plug instead of the L-Plug?
It looks real, with the screw-able 1.4" adapter and all...
 
Jun 9, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #1,899 of 3,253

Mad Max

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Posts
7,556
Likes
344
Location
USA
China, eh? 
evil_smiley.gif

 
Jun 9, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #1,900 of 3,253

jamescodway

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Posts
150
Likes
18
Quote:
Hi! I have a little problem with my HD 25s. They are about 9 months old and they are now already pretty loose. So loose that when I watch down I need to hold them still so they wouldn't fall. They have like 10 centimeters between drivers when not used for a while and like 15 cents after listening. Is there any way to tighten them a little or am I stuck like this? I thought these were supposed to be tight headphones and from the pictures it looks like that, I just have that enormous gap between the drivers so no clamping...

 
Hello. 
smily_headphones1.gif

 
What difference does splitting the headband make to the problem?
 
Best
 
James
 
Jun 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #1,901 of 3,253

Xinn3r

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Posts
401
Likes
17
Quote:
China, eh? 
evil_smiley.gif

 
AFAIK there's no fake HD25's around...
And indeed the China's version has a straight plug... which is a shame... 
 
Jun 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM Post #1,902 of 3,253

airkitoy

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 29, 2011
Posts
144
Likes
12
I cannot wait for my Adidas version.hopefully turn out real good.I cannot wait to compare them to tma-1.
L3000.gif

 
Jun 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #1,903 of 3,253

Mad Max

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Posts
7,556
Likes
344
Location
USA
Quote:
 
... And indeed the China's version has a straight plug... which is a shame... 

 
That's entirely a preference thing.  The right-angle plug may not work out for everyone.  To me, either works just as well.  I do not like the DIY right-angle plugs, however.  They are too long, not compact like the stock plug, so they inconvenience me.
 
Jun 14, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #1,905 of 3,253

Xinn3r

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Posts
401
Likes
17
Quote:
 
That's entirely a preference thing.  The right-angle plug may not work out for everyone.  To me, either works just as well.  I do not like the DIY right-angle plugs, however.  They are too long, not compact like the stock plug, so they inconvenience me.

 
Yes, I was talking about my own preference there...
A while ago when I first started owning Hi-Fi gears I actually prefer straight plugs, but I notice L-Plugs are just more portable and feels more durable
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top