HD201 pad mod?
Mar 19, 2006 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

tfunk408

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,

The HD201 is highly regarded as the Triport killer, but IMO it lacks a lot in isolation and comfort. With the stock pads, they don't hug around my ear as well as I would like (not as circum. as my HD555), and they also don't have enough space between my ears and the driver (I feel like my ears are touching the foam in front of the drivers). I was reading up on the Beyer pad mod for the Sony V6, and that got me wondering if it's possible to do this kind of thing to my HD201?

The cushion of the HD201 is attached to the cup by a snap-in disc kind of thing. Anyone try to see if other Senn models have pads that attach similarly? Preferably, I'd want a velour pad. On SennUSA website, it says that the HD570 and a few others have ear cushions w/ disc. Not sure if that's what I'm looking for, though. And the Beyer pads probably won't work without modification, since they wrap around the cup for attachment.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 2
Good idea, but i don't know how much it'll help with keeping outside noise out. I think part of the problem is the thin plastic construction? I tried padding the insides with foam, but that absorbs the lower mid and bottom end of the sound. Maybe polyfill can help? And the other idea i had was replacing the internal plastic box around the driver with wood or mdf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back