HD200's boring ?
Aug 22, 2004 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fluteloop

Formerly known as Drumkrunk
Hey i recently came into possession of a pair of broken hd200's sometimes I spend time on my own just thinking about that one woman who got away.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2004 at 8:32 AM Post #2 of 4
I've had a pair of HD200 for three/four years now. Paid about $90USD back in the day. Not bad phones - good bass extension, and a tad bright. Off a portable they are very tolerable, though an amp wouldn't go amiss imho, particularly if your source seems a little underpowered. I do find them too fatiguing, and I've had them for ages and am looking to upgrade.

I'm thinking A900 as I principally use them at home, perhaps some HD25-1 eventually for portable use.

Aug 22, 2004 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 4
I have a HD200 that I haven't used for several years. It is indeed a monitor type, and it is also very bright, just as you said. Great for studios, not great for natural-sounding, extended listening.

Are you looking for a specific type of upgrade? If you want to stay w/ monitors, try the Sony V6 (not V600, stay away from that), as it should go much lower in the bass. There have been some good reports on the HD-25 lately, though I haven't heard it. If you want to try something different and don't need isolation, Koss KSC-35 would be my pick. Bit on the warm and bassy side, but fun and doesn't wear your ears out. Or the AT A900, they're also quite good and probably more balanced tonally.

Aug 23, 2004 at 10:44 AM Post #4 of 4
apple disco
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back