HD 800 S Anniversary Edition
Sep 15, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #78 of 309
Standard 800S always looked the best to me.

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #80 of 309
Y9molw2.jpg

The Woo Audio Gold stand matches well with the HD800S Anniversary Edition!
I didn't know they had a gold stand!

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #81 of 309
Go with the GOLD!!!

Sep 15, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #83 of 309
You can claim 75 years of innovation and then just release a new colored plastic for a 10 year old model. Has Sennheiser lost all of its audio engineers to Focal?

I just bought a pair of HD800S over Focal Utopia because the soundstage of the HD800S demolishes the Utopia's despite it being over double the price, and I could have afforded either. Just because something is newer and more money doesn't mean its better.

But by all means, if you don't like colored plastic bling feel free to stick with Focal and their new Bentley Radiance headphones, I heard they come with a rad purse.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 12:45 AM Post #86 of 309
I just bought a pair of HD800S over Focal Utopia because the soundstage of the HD800S demolishes the Utopia's despite it being over double the price, and I could have afforded either. Just because something is newer and more money doesn't mean its better.

But by all means, if you don't like colored plastic bling feel free to stick with Focal and their new Bentley Radiance headphones, I heard they come with a rad purse.
Agreed. And by comparison, the soundstage of the HD 800 series has been one of the widest for 21 years straight and it has a perfect track record in terms of reliability. I hope Sennheiser continues to develop high-end headphones and brings us a benchmark setting headphone for the next 20 years. They are losing market share to Focal in the audiophile segment and I hope they stand themselves up and deliver a knockout punch.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #87 of 309
Agreed. And by comparison, the soundstage of the HD 800 series has been one of the widest for 21 years straight and it has a perfect track record in terms of reliability. I hope Sennheiser continues to develop high-end headphones and brings us a benchmark setting headphone for the next 20 years. They are losing market share to Focal in the audiophile segment and I hope they stand themselves up and delver a knockout punch.
Might be more people being wanting to try something new than actually finding something notably better. Just like people keep coming back to HD6xx, I feel HD8xx is on the same trajectory.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #89 of 309
Sorry but I'd take a regular 800/800s over this any day. These manage to not only look gaudy but also cheap and flimsy.

Sep 16, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #90 of 309
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back