Hd 650's only playing out of one ear
Jan 9, 2009 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Gosbig

New Head-Fier
My precious sennheisers have stopped working correctly, without any physical damage done to them, the sound out the left driver has stopped entirely. The cable seems to be connected correctly as always but no matter the source I am only getting sound from the right driver.

What could have caused this to happen and how do I go about fixing them?

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 12
I'm guessing you may have pulled the left side of the chord causing damage. Hence best bet would be to replace the chord. Or before this, if you're confident in doing so, tak apart the headphone and make sure everything is in place.

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 12
Are the connectors for the left and the right side the same? If they are, a simple test would be reversing the connectors to see if it's a cable issue (hopefully) or something else...

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 12
Thanks for the quick responses. Guess my old HD-280's will have to suffice in the meantime!
smile_phones.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosbig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the quick responses. Guess my old HD-280's will have to suffice in the meantime!
smile_phones.gif

I'm listening to HD280s right now, longing for the day that my HD650s and newly ordered LD MKIII arrive. Soon ;_;

Jan 9, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by zergslayer69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good thing the cables are cheap. Would suck if the repair costed over 100 bucks.

Or you could look at this as a wonderful opportunity to blow some money on upgrade cables!

YOu can get away with it for the mid $200's

Moon Audio - Headphone Cable

Or if you really wanna go nuts... $400

ALO - ALO Audio

Just food for thought.
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back