HD 600 or Grado RS1?
Jul 6, 2002 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bogo2

Head-Fier
Hello.

Im from Switzerland. Sorry my English. But i want know witch Headphones are better. The HD 600 or the Graodo RS1? What are the avantages and disavantages for these headphones.

Witch Hedphonamplier about 1000 Dollars shoul i youse for the HD 600 or for the Grado RS1?

Thanks for your help

Andy

Jul 8, 2002 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi Andy

Willkomme im Forum! (Bescheidene-n-Empfang, käi Mensch antwortet... usser mir jetz...) Wenn ich miessti wääle, denn ganz klaar dr HD 600: viil neutraler, präziser, grösseri Klangbüüni... Erscht rächt mit mine Modifikationsempfäälige.

Wie alli Grado betoont der RS 1 dr Brilllianzberiich; usserdäm verfärbt er vo allne Modäll am schterkschte in de Mittene, verursacht dur e typischi Rööreresonanz ufgrund vo sim rööreförmige Holzghüüs. Si (einzige) Vorzug gegenüber em Sennheiser isch vilicht e gwüsses musikalischs Flair (wo dr HD 600 aber mit mine Verbesserige au kriegt).

Was Vrschtärker aabelangt, mach ich gueti Erfaarige mit em Musical Fidelity X-Cans und mit em Meier Audio Corda Headamp-1, zäme mit em HD 600 (und mit em Grado SR 80).

If I had to decide, I'd clearly choose the HD 600: much more neutrality, accuracy and a wider soundstage. More than ever with my modification propositions.

Like all Grados the RS 1 accentuates the treble; beside that it colours the midrange in an important measure (most of all inside the family), due to its tube design, causing a clearly audible tube resonance. Its advantage over the HD 600, on the other hand, may be a certain musical flair (although attainable with my mods, too).

I've made good experiences with the X-Cans and the Corda HA-1, driving the HD 600 (and Grado SR 80).

smily_headphones1.gif
JaZZ

Jul 8, 2002 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 4
I have the SR325 and HD600 and the sound from each is really different. This is a case where you really need to listen to both and decide which sound you like better.

Jul 8, 2002 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 4
It's all a mattter of taste and preference. This is why many people own both models. As all the Grados line, RS-1 force the heights; to the side of it, because of its design and causes of obviously audible container one resonance of the container colors the central area in an important measure (very very in the majority inside of the family). Its advantage on horse-force 600 can be some to flair musical in the other hand (even so attainable with mine mods, also). I gave to form the good experiences with the Xdosen and Rope HA-1 and horse-force 600 (and 80 MR. accelerated Grado). The HD600 did not vendou the excitement and the tones, those normally and are diluted in a low one. The Grado is not raised for the dynamics and the instruments and the detail of the liquid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back